Hit Different

Theme song: "Gone Away" by H.E.R

Omniscient POV

"Mama, please don't say that."

"Laurent. I'm not gonna discuss this anymore because it's gonna take me to a really dark place. A place that I don't wanna go to."

"Like what, Winter?"

"Like why our chosen bond has been so hard. Why we've struggled so much and as happy as I am for them, Lavender and King's union was so easy."

Laughing dryly, he scoffs at her statement.

"You think that shit was easy? You think their shit is perfect? You're wrong!"

"It's been easier than ours! Yeah they probably had a rough start after their initial meeting. But they're happy and barely really have issues."

"So you fuckin think! They got beaucoup issues! They stay arguin! You trippin shawty! King tells me all the shit they been through!" 

"Shawty? Really you gonna talk to me like I'm some bitch on the street, Laurent?!" 

"Cause you fucking annoyin me with this shit! They're not perfect! No one is Winter!"

"I know they're not perfect and I know they argue. But he would never have done that to her!"

"It's not my business to tell you what he has and hasn't done to her if she ain't tell you, but trust me. King ain't as perfect as you think!"

"So you tryna insinuate he's put his hands on her?! Or that he's hurt her the way you hurt me?! Or that he's cheated on her, like you did me in the beginning?! That they screamed, cursed, and fought how we used to?! I truly doubt that!"

"Doubt all you want shawty, you trippin idolizing anyone else's relationship and ye'aint know shit!"

"You know what? I don't care. I said what I said. I don't trust you. Work on your part of the proposal and I'll do my part. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon."

"The fuck do you think you're goin?!"

"To mind my business."

"You are my fuckin business! Quit fuckin playin with me, Winter!" Rounding the kitchen counter, Laurent approaches her.

"Or what? You're gonna fuck me into submission again and hurt me?"

"Winter it was rough sex. We have rough sex ALL the time. It's pretty much the only way we fuckin have sex. I got a little rougher than usual. I'm not finna have you act like I assaulted ya ass! Cause if anyone did Âme did! With all them unnecessary bruises and shit!  And by the way, he ain't have to fuck you like that to brand you. He played ya ass. He coulda branded you without all those marks."

"He didn't play me. We both willingly wanted to bond fully. Obviously I let him do what he wanted to me. I allowed it. I also enjoyed it. So it was what I wanted! You hurt me. You made my body uncomfortable. You scared me. All out of fuckin anger. And you obviously don't care, so I'm leaving."

"No you're not!"

"Yes I am." Attempting to walk away, Laurent grabs her. "Get off me!"

"Where are you going?!"

"Get off me! It's none of your business! I want to get away from you!"

"You're fuckin five and a half months pregnant with MY kids! You're not gonna just disappear and run like you always do!"

"You ain't give a shit when your supposed 'only rough sex' almost caused me to go into preterm labor with your kids! So why care now?! You ain't care when I was pleading with you to not be so rough with me, while still pregnant with your kids! So kill all that 'your kids' bullshit, Laurent!"