Nightmares (Kinda Angst?)

(Mondo Owada's POV)

All I saw were bright lights before I heard a scream and felt myself get shoved off my bike. I landed on the side of the road, scrapping my body. I heard metal crush behind me. I frantically shot up, only to almost collapse completely from the sight infront of me.

Daiya...No! NO, NO! DAIYA! NO NO NO NO! THIS ISN'T HAPPENING, THIS IS NOT FUCKIN HAPPENING!

I ran over to him, falling onto my knees next to his body. I picked him up and held him in my arms. He had blood running everywhere from his head.

(M) "DAIYA!? DAIYA, DAIYA WAKE THE FUCK UP!"

He didn't move for a second, but he slowly opened one eye.

(D) "Mondo...I-"

He coughed up blood onto the road. I felt my body start to shake.

(M) "Y-YOU'LL BE OKAY DAIYA, I-I FUCKIN PROMISE!"

(D) "Mondo...n-no use man..."

(M) "W-Wha-DON'T SAY THAT! I'LL GET YOU HELP!"

I started searching for my phone in my pockets, Daiya placed a hand on my shoulder.

(D) "M-Mondo...I'm s-sorry...D-Don't let the g-gang go to hell, little b-bro..."

His face went dull, his hand slipped off my shoulder. His breathing slowed, before completely stopping.

(M) "D-DAIYA!? DAIYA, DAIYA NO PLEASE! D-DAIYA, C'MON DON'T FUCKIN DO THIS! G-GET THE FUCK UP- GET THE FUCK U-UP!"

I shook his body, he was just dead weight. I sobbed out more screams, begging him to come back.

"DON'T DO THIS, PLEASE YOU'LL ALL I HAVE, P-PLEASE DON'T FUCKIN LEAVE M-ME, DAIYA!"

I sobbed and screamed into his chest. I could never fuckin forget not hearing a heart beat. I felt my head get dizzy, before the world went black. When I "Re-Awoke", I was in my damn classroom, sitting in my desk. The bell rang and everyone got up, I followed. While walking to my next class, I ran into Taka.

(M) "Hey bro, what's up?"

He didn't respond, just kept walking towards his other class. I thought that was weird, but brushed it off, he probably didn't hear me. I got into my second class and sat down. Everything seemed normal, but also a little off. That class basically blurred by into our free period. I decided to go find Taka and hang out with him. I knocked on his dorm door. I heard a sigh and footsteps quickly lead to the door. Taka opened it slightly.

(I) "Hello? Oh, Hello Owada, what do you need?"

(M) "Why are ya callin me "Owada"? Whatever, let's hang out bro!"

He sighed again before opening his door. I walked in and sat on the edge of his bed.

(M) "Sooo, what do ya wanna do?"

(I) "Actually, I need to talk to you about something."

(M) "Alright, spill bro!"

He took another sigh.

(I) "I um...we can't be friends anymore, Owada."

I felt my heart drop into my stomach

(M) "W-Why not?! Did I do something, c'mon you gotta be messing with me!"

(I) "I'm not. I just don't think it makes sense, after all you are a gang leader."

(M) "Y-You've never had a problem with that before! W-Why the fuck does i-it matter now!? And who cares if it "doesn't make sense", fuck the people who think that!"

(I) "Owada, i'm sorry. I've just lost interest in our friendship."

I felt my heart sink even more. I felt my body start to shake again.

(M) "W-Well, since you don't fuckin care, can I t-tell ya somethin?"

(I) "Okay, but please make it quick, I have to tutor Naegi."

(M) "Taka, I've loved ya for a damn long time, and I-I....look I know that means nothing to ya now but I needed to tell ya! F-Fuck I love you!"

Taka looked at me with an expression of disgust.

(I) "I-I...I just ended our friendship and you think it's smart to tell me this?! Plus, y-you're a h-homosexual?! I-I can't believe-you're a f@G-I-I-Why are you even still here?!"

(M) "...Yeah you're right, I-I shouldn't be here, s-sorry."

I jumped off his bed and rushed out of his dorm and darting into mine, slamming the stupid door behind me. I screamed aloud to myself.

(M) "I-I'M SUCHA FUCKIN IDIOT, I C-CAN'T EVEN KEEP A DAMN F-FRIENDSHIP...W-WITH ANYONE! A-AND I EVEN LOVED H-HIM, AND HE FUCKING H-HATES ME! F-FUCK, FUCK THIS! WH-WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING S-SO FUCKING HARD!"

I screamed at myself, punching myself in the face. I brought my knees to my face and sobbed into them. My world faded back to black, and this time i actually woke up, sitting up in bed and yelling. I felt tears run down my face as I scanned the room. I was in Taka's dorm. I heard shuffling next to me before feeling arms wrap around me.

(I) "M-Mondo? Are you okay, you woke u-up screaming."

I looked at him, studying his face, trying to make sure it wasn't another dream. I sobbed out his name before collapsing into his arms and crying into his chest. He wrapped his arms tight around my body, his chin resting on my head.

(I) "Did you have a nightmare, Mondo?"

I gave a sobbed out "yes", gripping the back of Taka's shirt harder. I explained to him what it was about. I could tell by how he hugged me harder that it upset him.

(I) "It's okay, Mondo! I'm right here, and I would never say something like that! I love you Mondo, don't forget that, and Daiya loves you too! It wasn't your fault, and it never will be!"

He kissed all over my head, rubbing my back.

(I) "Mondo, i'll NEVER leave you. I love you so much, and I could never imagine living without you. I love you sooooo much!"

He kissed my head more. I hugged tighter around him. I felt so safe like this, like none of those damn nightmares could get me in Taka's arms. I looked up and we shared a kiss before I slid back down and buried my face into his chest.

(M) "T-Thank you Taka, I-I love you so fuckin much!"

(I) "I love you too, Mondo."

I listened as he fell asleep, nuzzling his face into my hair. I cuddled more onto him and eventually passed out in his arms.

1106 words. I really fuckin hate this lol, but hey, thanks 4 reading <3