15.5

Edward's used to moving fast.

 Jacob knows that, he's seen it firsthand from Edward's relationship with Bella, and should've definitely seen it coming with his own. He wants to declare his love within weeks of meeting someone, he wants to immediately consummate said love. He was only moving at a slightly slower pace because that's what Jacob wants, though Jacob should've seen this moment coming. The moment where Edward got impatient. The moment Edward wanted to move on to the "natural next step" in their relationship. He wants it so bad that he's willing to do anything.

And that's how he ends up in Jacob's lap.

It's sickeningly sweet the way Edward seems to want to savor the moment. He's hovering over Jacob, forehead pressed against his lover's and even for the amount of restraint Edward's capable of, he's visibly trembling.

"Ed-"

"Just- shh...I can do this..." He says it between loud huffs of air, and if this were any normal situation, Jacob would just let him breathe through it. Though, considering that he can't currently afford to have someone collapse on top of him, he tries again.

"Eddy..."

Edward reluctantly opens his eyes to see Jacob staring up at him in concern. 

"Maybe we should just-", Jacob pushes himself up, forcing Edward to sit up as well, "maybe we should just flip over."

His words seemed to have gone in one ear and out of the other as Edward quietly begins rocking, eyes clamped shut. He's grunting quietly into Jacob's ear and really, for the first time in almost three months, Jacob can feel his wolf lurking. A press of his nose into the crook of Edward's neck and he can hear a low growl. He's not sure how Edward hears it. Maybe he's louder than he thinks he is, maybe it's the vibration in his chest, or maybe Edward can feel it lurking on the edges of his subconscious as well. Either way, he tilts his head further, exposing more skin for Jacob-

-and for the first time in the thirty minutes it took to get them here, he's wondering what Edward's intentions are. 

He moves from where he's nuzzled into Edward's neck to really analyze him. Why had he insisted they do this? Sure, maybe he'd already gotten bored of being the one in control all of the time. Didn't seem like Edward, but what exactly did Jacob know about what he liked in bed? He could count on both hands the amount of times they'd had sex. 

Edward's face is contorted above him and he seems to be getting something out of it, if his moans were anything to go by, but he was a little stiff. It'd just occurred to Jacob that it very well may be his first time. The man is over a hundred and it may be his first time as a bottom. 

Edward must sense that there is something off because his eyes slowly begin to open and after one look at Jacob, he freezes where he is.

"There's something wrong." He says it like a statement, and for the first time Jacob thinks, he looks genuinely flustered.

"There's something wrong?" Jacob inquires, waiting for some kind of explanation. There was definitely something that Edward wasn't saying.

"No..." Edward quietly answers. 

He's at least hoping Jacob would drop it, which only makes him more curious.

"No?" 

They'd been through a lot in a short amount of time. Jacob had almost died, Edward had broken up with Bella, and they'd started doing whatever this is. So, Jacob could understand if maybe there was something they needed to talk about, something Edward needed to get off his chest.

Edward just stares down at him with these wide eyes. 

He's lying. Is it intentional, though?

"We should turn over." Jacob insists, not waiting for Edward this time as he flips them so that Edward is now on his back. He slides out, ignoring the huff of annoyance coming from underneath him and instead looking for the lube. It had to be somewhere in this pile of junk.