6

Jacob wakes up in a forest. He smells sweat and rain. He feels fear.  His head is pressed into the ground and when his eyes finally open, he's met with someone else's. He sees soft, green eyes that stare into his own for a moment before they move back to reveal a face. It's a woman with dark hair and pale skin. She smiles at him as if this is totally normal, but Jacob can't feel his arms or legs. 

"Finally caught you," she smiles like this was just some sort of game they were playing, "You're a fast little wolf." 

She sits for a moment eyeing him before flipping him over. Jacob would've been shocked under any other circumstances about how some five foot woman who couldn't weigh more than 120 pounds could even move him, but he could already tell something wasn't right about this entire situation as she settled in next to him. She turned and fiddled with a wooden bowl fixed with something that scraped against the surface like it was dry. He could hear liquid pouring and now whatever was in the bowl sloshed around.  

"I can see you looking at me like I'm crazy, but she needs you." She says it like it's a secret, leaning close to Jacob.

"A mere babe she is, in the womb of just a human. Honestly, a female wolf or some other supernatural being would be much more suitable. Though, you will do nicely." She says it while taking out a knife, and Jacob can feel himself fighting against whatever magic is pressing him into the ground, but his limbs aren't even twitching. Though, he can feel the searing pain of her cutting an incision low on his stomach. She holds the bowl close so that she can capture some before stirring the mixture.

Jacob can hear the nonsensical gibberish coming from her lips before his eyes start to get heavy. It sounds like some dead language. The chanting abruptly stops.

"After all, the father seems to care greatly for you. I can tell that from just this," The witch holds up what looks like a tooth, she smashes it with a rock until it's powder amongst the red goop. "Maybe even more than the mother if given the right set of circumstances." She holds a hand full of tangled, brown strands of hair in her hand. Jacob listens to his own blood drip to the leaves underneath him.  She begins to spread the paste over his stomach and he can feel the warmth permeating from the substance.

"He went this way!" It sounds like the voice of someone who is far away. The witch's lips aren't moving, but he does see her head jolt before he feels her hands underneath him once again, flipping him with less care this time as he lands with his head hitting something hard. He watches as she grabs for just the bowl and rushes out of his line of sight. He can feel something tear and then a pain that hits him like a truck, his teeth gritting against the sudden ache, almost biting through his tongue. Then, darkness surrounds him clouding his vision.

"Jacob!"

Jacob wakes up in a cold sweat, eyes flicking around the room searching for something. He's not even sure what but his heart is about fly out of his chest as he scrambles to find the switch of the lamp in the darkness. In his haste, he almost jumps out of his skin as a hand comes out of nowhere to grab his wrist. He's not in the position to fight back, his body twisted so that he's stretching his wound. His wolf wasn't of any help these days, any form of growl dying in his throat and twisting itself into a whine. 

A sharp "Jake" is the only thing that takes him out of his own head as the light of the lamp flicks on. It blinds him for a moment, but soon enough, he's looking into the concerned eyes of Edward. He was almost surprised that Bella wasn't camped out next to him on the floor or had somehow crawled into the bed next to him. He couldn't even have a nightmare alone. 

As disgruntled as he wants to be, he says nothing when Edward takes a seat on the edge next to him. 

"What was it about?" His voice is low like they're sharing a secret just between the two of them.