six

۵ Flooding Memories ۵

Josie's pov

We couldn't get a hold of liz. I just wanted to be home. "You call if you need anything okay Josie" Downey whispered into my ear as he hugged me. Chris was taking me home. We got to my apartment complex. "Chris go to her place and check on her please" I said looking at him before getting down.

"Josie I can't leave you" Chris said and I looked at him and said I'd be okay. Total lie and he knew that. "Chris I can stay with her" seb said and Chris said fine. I gave Chris my spare key to Liz's place. Sebastian and I got down and walked into my apartment. I looked around my place.

All I felt was sadness and anger. I sat down on the couch criss cross apple sauce and took a deep breath. I told myself I had to let it out. Seb was in the phone with Chris on the balcony. So I let it out and cried. I cried so much from the event that just took place. Then memories came flooding back again. It's like I was seventeen in Mexico with family.

Then I grabbed onto my throat and cried even harder. It felt like I couldn't breathe just like that night. Seb rushed in and kneeled down. His hands on both of my knees. "Jo what's wrong" he said looking at me. Too many thought running through my mind.

Mexico, Liz, tonight's event even when I got cheated all running through my mind. Tears rolling down my cheeks. One hand on my throat. The other holding my necklace. Still feeling like I couldn't breathe. I could tell seb had no clue what to do. "Hey hey look at me just look at me and breathe, there you go" he said as he picked my chin up to look at him.

His voice was soothing and calming. I started to breathe again. Slowly but surely. "That's better"he said stroking my hair and I just took in my deep breathes. He got up and got me some water. I drank some of it and I was finally calming down.

"You okay?" He asked me and I looked at him. "No" I said and took another sip. "When he touched me and turned away I felt anger I saw him and felt anger" I said as I turned my body to face him. He just looked at me. "Then you pulled me away and I broke down" I said and took another sip of my water.

"I was seventeen in Mexico with my family on week" I said looking at him deciding whether I should tell him. I heard my therapists voice at the moment to tell him and it will be okay. So I took a deep breath before saying the rest.

He grabbed onto my hand and held it. "That first day was already bad with my dad fighting my siblings aunt but it was the last day that changed the way I looked at him." I said as I looked at his hand holding mine. He rubbed my hand with his thumb. "My sister was dancing with a family friend when my dad came and told us to go home" I said and explained to him how my grandmas house was two houses down and everyone there was family.

"I pushed him to not hurt my sister but he threw his beer at me and chocked me into the wall behind me" I said as a tears started coming down. "He chocked his little girl and when I was having a meltdown and someone yelled the girl was getting sick he didn't come check on me he didn't come check on his guera" o said crying as he pulled me into a hug.

"After they pulled him off me my brothers gf did what u did for me, she pulled me aside and I broke down like I did today" I said as held me in his arms stroking my hair. While his hand still held mine. "Then not to mention being cheated on in high school and the pain Liz is going through right now" I said as he held me.

"Chris is with her she's gonna be okay and you jo will be okay maybe not right now but you will be okay" he said holding me. We just sat there in each others arm in silence for a bit. Then I slowly fell asleep.

next morning - 9am

I woke up to my door opening. Liz and Chris walked in. I was still in sebastians arms. I got up and hugged her tightly. "I love you so much liz" I said as I heard crying. "I'm so sorry Josie" she said as we were still hugging. "Come on liz" I said as we went to my room to talk. Chris and seb said they'd go out and grab food for us.

While they were gone we walked about last night and everything that happened. We of course cried but we were okay because we had each other. Then in came Chris and seb with a box of pizza. Liz and I wiped out tears and smiled. "How's bout Josie's favorite movie, white chicks" Chris said putting it on in the living room.

We walked out there and had our pizza. Liz and I will be okay soon. As Liz and I sat in the floor eating I looked up at seb and smiled at him. He smiled back and I mouthed thank you and he just smiled at me.

end of chapter.