Six

When my eyelids flutter open, a head full of blond curls is fussing over me. I blink twice and my vision clears. I see now that it is the bimbo who was touching Brandon, I shriek and push her off me. How dare her? She can touch, even have Brandon but not me.

A small yelp escapes the bimbo’s lips as her butt connects with the floor and a smirk decorates mine but it doesn’t satisfy me. I want to hurt her. I want to hurt Brandon. Where’s the bastard? Was he fucking her while I was unconscious? It is not beneath him, he’s a liar and a cheat. A monster.

The bimbo stands with a stern look on her face and I roll my eyes; if she thinks I will apologise to her she doesn’t know what’s coming for her. I sneer at her nipples which protrude through her white lab coat, the size of her breast makes her flat stomach seem flatter and my scowl deepens. She has a stethoscope around her neck and I hiss, she doesn’t fool me with the dress up.

I don’t want her near me, she can have my husband after our divorce. I am done with him. The thought sends my heart racing and memories from our wedding crash over me. I had felt hope at our reception, the way he held me while we watched others dance, the butterflies in my belly, it gave me hope for our future. But I see now that it’s a lie. This isn’t the future I envisioned with him.

“Get away from me!” I scream at the bimbo when she tries to touch me again. Doesn’t she get it? She can’t touch me. The fear on her face soothes me a bit and I try to stand.

Strong arms grab my ankles, keeping me in place and a voice mutter, “Stay still, El, Sophia is a doctor and she’s trying to help.”

My eyes follow the source of the voice to Brandon, my feet are propped on his legs and his fingers are caressing my feet. A smile of affection that will fool others is dancing on his lips. I jerk back, pulling my leg from his lap and try to push him off the bed. But it’s futile, he’s too strong for me.

“You two, stay away from me. Especially you,” I say. His hands come back to grab my ankles and I scream, “Don’t touch me. Don’t you ever touch me. I don’t need your help.”

I don’t wait to hear his response as I try to stand from the bed only to be hit by another spell of dizziness. My back connects with the pillow I push behind me and I close my eyes briefly to let it pass. I can do this. I will.

When I open my eyes, the bimbo has taken Brandon’s place at the foot of the bed. She looks worried, even Brandon. I scoff, they can save their concerns for someone else.

“You should rest, your body is weak,” she says and I glare daggers at her. She must have gotten over her fear of me because she places my legs on her lap instead and my body feels too weak for me to fight back.

Tiredness settles in my veins and I sigh as she begins to draw lines around my ankles. I might as well suck it up to them until I feel much better. I can’t do much in this state. If Brandon is right, Sophia is here to help me and I will take her help then lash out later.

“My body is weak because I have to deal with Brandon’s bullshit every day,” I start, “I have had enough of it. If you can prescribe some drugs for me, I’ll be out of your way.”

The bimbo smiles and I groan; I can just call her by her name. Sophia. Her name sounds too polished for someone who was crawling in front of my husband. Her curls bounce when she moves to stand beside Brandon and I frown. She is not wearing a bra; I am not sure she has underwear on.

“You are not in my way,” Sophia says with that same sweet, sick smile. “What you need is food, you don’t need drugs. You’ll be fine.”

“Brandon is starving me,” I say and tuck the hairs on my face behind my ear. It is not a lie; he has starved me of everything a married woman should have. Everything.