• 04 •

EVA

                                      EVA

Ivacy High was, well, high, and nothing like what I'd expected.

Nothing turned out to be what I expected these days. I might as well stop assuming.

I'd expected plain colours, large, impersonal buildings, snobby students —I was yet to meet them, and classy teachers. I mean, it was a private school, also one of the most expensive and if Abi and Zoe's characters were things to go by, I'd say they went to a school that reflected them. I could hardly be blamed for coming to that conclusion. Really.

Lord knew the beautifully colored, albeit overly large buildings with inspirational and motivational quotes from different prodigies, hanging on the walls on various sides, took me completely by surprise.

" The school assembly starts in exactly ten minutes from now, " Abi glanced at the watch on her left wrist, "And I like to be there at least three minutes before. "

She looked smart and put together in her school uniform; white long-sleeved button down shirt and a black colored skirt that ended just an inch above her knee. I loved the length. It always irked me how the students back at my old school took advantage of the  nonchalantness of the people in authority. They took lawlessness to a new degree, chopping off several inches off their skirts and flaunting around with their new lengths. Mid-thigh.

"I'm an arts students and my class is over there. " Abi continued, pointing to a two storey building located on the right of the school building.

The whole secondary school block was divided into four buildings, excluding the gate man's post. There were three main buildings in the form of a Y. Just picture a Y with a straight line drawn through the middle. That was exactly what it looked like. The building on the right hand side, where Abi's class was located, was apparently, for Arts students. And if I had to guess, then the one on the left was for science because they were similar in style. The middle building was a one storey.

"Zoe's science too, so you guys' class is over there." My guess was right. She pointed at the opposite building. "It would be so much easier if you went with Zoe, but... " we both glanced at her, who, in return, gave us a blank look, "Yeah. Let's go then. "

Zoe rolled her to eyes. Yes, actually rolled her eyes and sighed, "Go do your good girl duties. I'll take her. "

Abi frowned, her eyes darting between us unsurely.

Same, girl. Same.

"You mean........ I should leave her with you? " she asked, choosing to ignore the good girl comment.

"Did I stutter? " Zoe cocked a perfectly shaved brow.

Abi's eyes roamed my face as if silently asking me if I was okay with it. Wait. Were we even considering this? Zoe hated my guts to pieces. If she was volunteering to show me around, then she definitely had a plan. And it wasn't a good one.