Just Trying To Figure It Out All Alone

~Just Trying To Figure It Out All Alone~

“Remember everyone; tomorrow be here sharp at five o’clock. It’s show time.” Mrs. Lawrence explained to everyone as we left the theater. 

I packed up my bags.

You may have been wondering what ever happened with Emmet and me. It’s a good question actually. We had sex and the next day we were normal again. We never even talked about it. We just remained friends.

But I had worse things to worry about…like Brooks coming back.

The band was coming back late tonight so I didn’t know what I was going to do.

“Emmet, can I stay at your house tonight? Brooks is coming home late and they will all be sleeping at my house.” I asked Emmet praying I could stay over again.

“Yeah of course. Just, I don’t want that thing to happen again.” Emmet explained.

“It won’t. And I’m sorry it did.” I grabbed all my stuff and walked towards the door. Emmet slowly followed me.

“Was that your first time, Lina?” Emmet asked totally catching me off guard.

“Umm, yes it was.” Emmet’s jaw dropped.

“Lina! I took your virginity?! But you love Brooks! And…you and that other guy dated for so long!” Emmet was screaming. I was almost afraid people could overhear us.

“That wasn’t your first time?” I asked worriedly.

“No. Back in my old school I had sex with six other girls. I was a player. That’s part of the reason I moved and switched schools. I’m sorry that your first time wasn’t with someone you actually love.” Emmet and I were standing in front of his truck and he was looking down at his feet with a look of regret.

“Emmet you made my first time so special. You’re my best friend and I’m so glad I got to share it with you. I mean who better than a best friend? What if Brooks was my first time and I was terrible. But he won’t be my first if we ever do get back together. And I’ll have had experience. I don’t regret it.” I told him putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Well I do.” He said brushing my hand off his shoulder. “I don’t want to be the friend that you can just practice things with. I actually had feelings for you. But I forced myself to get over you. You have no idea how hard it was to pretend that I didn’t have feelings for you. I’ve finally gotten over you. Maybe we should have had this conversation after our show.” Emmet hopped into his truck and I stood there silently.

Emmet rolled down his window and said “We should go.”

After about ten minutes of silence I decided to say something. “Emmet, I don’t want to practice anything anymore. And that wasn’t my intention that night either. To be honest for me it was just in the moment. But I’m not going to lie; I didn’t regret a single moment of it. You’re my best friend and I won’t let this ruin my relationship with Brooks or the show tomorrow.”