Or Maybe Places To Escape

~Or Maybe Places To Escape~

I woke up to the terrible noise of my alarm ringing. I looked at the clock and read the time. It was 7 a.m. It was the first day of school for my senior year. I was not ready to go back to that hell hole. But I knew this year would be a lot better since I had friends and Ryan was gone.

I took a cold shower to wake me up but when I got out of the shower I felt even more tired.

After my shower I put on my clothes and headed downstairs to eat breakfast. When I got to the kitchen there was a surprise for me.

“Oh Brooks! Flowers?! Really?” I yelled with joy. I looked at the beautiful lilies he had brought me for my first day of school.

“I just wanted to wish you good luck.” Brooks said with a smile. I would have kissed him but my parents were sitting there staring right at us. Oh well. I walked to Brooks and gave him a kiss on the lips. My parents smiled in awe. I turned to look at Lauritz and I shot him a too-bad-you’re-single face. Brooks laughed.

“Oh shoot. I got to go. Elaine is picking me up.” I said giving Brooks a hug goodbye.

“Why isn’t Emmet bringing you? I thought you were going to ask him.” My mom asked.

“I don’t know. I asked him and called him but he never replied or answered. I assumed he was sleeping.” I told my mom.

“Okay well have a good day.” Everyone told me.

Elaine and I were lucky enough to have our first class together and that was video editing. The rest of the class was filled with Asian nerds and then Luke Johnson. I didn’t have a very good relationship with him since last years blow up on the sports television. This year Elaine, Luke and I would be covering the prank part of the school show. Today was just a brainstorming day.

After video editing class I had theater. I was looking forward to seeing Emmet again.

“Emmet!” I yelled running over to give him a hug.

“Hey.” Emmet said hesitantly.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“No, I’ve just got to go to the office. I have an appointment dealing with my classes and such. I’ll see you around.” Emmet said walking away.

“Was it just me or did he just blow you off?” A voice from behind me asked.

“Who are you?” I asked a tall brunette with shoulder length brown hair standing behind me. She was wearing Hollister skinny jeans and a shirt that said Everyday I’m Shuffling she was so mainstream it hurt my eyes.

“Who’s Jake Bugg?” She asked pointing to my sweater I was wearing. I had made it myself and I had sown the name Jake Bugg into it. He was one of my role models.