So I'll Sing A Melody And Hope To God She's Listening

~So I'll Sing A Melody And Hope To God She's Listening~

"Seven more days of school until summer." I told myself while forcing myself out of my bed. I looked out the window and noticed it was raining again. I didn't hear music this morning so I guessed the band had the day off. I turned my radio on.

"Good morning to everyone who had to force themselves out of their bed this morning!" An overly cheerful man on the radio said. "It's a gloomy Thursday morning, isn't it Charlie?"

"Yes that's correct Sam." I'm assuming that was Charlie. "Here's Ed Sheeran, The A Team." The song started playing.

I took a shower and then got ready. I heard a knock at my door. I opened the door with just my towel on hoping it was just my mom or something.

"Elaine!" I screamed. "You're back!" I ran into my best friends arms ingnoring the towel that had just dropped to the floor.

Elaine was my neighbor and I had got really close to her the summer I moved here. She went on an exchange to Germany for a year but now she was back. I was jealous I had always wanted to go back to Germany so bad. I was looking forward to speaking German with her.

"Wie gehts?" I asked still hugging her butt naked.

"Mir geht es gut!" She screamed and laughed pushing my naked body off of her. I quickly put the towel back on and put my clothes on while she told me all about her exchange. "There were so many hot guys! You would have loved it."

"I'm sure I would have too! My dad signed over another band about a week ago." I told filling her in on my life.

"Oh! What are they like?" She asked excitedly.

"They are punk. I really like them. And they are in their twenties and they are ALL good looking! I can't wait for you to meet them." I yelled while putting my school stuff into my bag.

" I get to meet them?!" Elaine screamed and jumped up on my bed.

"Of course." I joined her on my bed.

Elaine stopped jumping. "How is Ryan?" Elaine squeezed my cheek like something a grandma would do. "Did he propose yet?"

I sat down on the bed. "We actually broke up yesterday."

"What?! You guys were perfect!" Elaine whined.

"Apparently not. But I broke up with him so don't worry. I'm not depressed or anything like that. And I don't regret it either. I went out for coffee last night with one of the guitar players from the band and we ran into Ryan. He got so mad he almost punched me until someone pushed him out of the way." I explained to Elain.

"Wow, what a freak! Wait a second, the guitar player from your dad's band?!" Elaine jumped back up on the bed and got excited again.

"No, we just went as friends!" I quickly yelled back settling her down. I looked at the clock and realized I was about to miss the bus. "Dude! I have to go to school. Are you coming with?"

"Well I don't have to but I think I will." Elaine replied. We ran outside and to the bus stop. We made it just in time. "I think you should go for him."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"The guitar player. What's his name?" Elaine asked.

"Brooks. I would never be able to get him. He's like six years older than me and my dad would never let me date him." I explained. "Plus, Brooks has a life whereas I go to high school. I'm just a little immature girl."

"Did you ask Brooks to go get cappuccino or did he ask you?" Elaine asked looking me strait in the eyes.

"Well I was crying over Ryan and Brooks was the only one there. And--" Elain cut me off.

"Answer my question, Lina!" Elaine forefully shouted causing everyone on the bus to stare at us.

"He asked me." I put my head down as if I had just been defeated.

"Go for it." Elaine sait staring out of the window. "Gosh I missed Florida." She said changing the subject.

"No." I replied to Elaine. "Don't you have jet lag?"

"I bet he likes you." She replied to our first conversation. "And now I slept on the plane." Elaine and I were the type of people who could have tow conversations going at once. Just a talent we shared.

"He doesn't like me, Elaine!" I shouted. I decided the other conversation was over.

"Whatever." Elaine said ending our first conversation.

We soon arrived to the school. Walking into school everyone gave Elaine hugs and asked her all about her trip. I stood there and listened like her little side kick.

Since Elaine had been gone all year she didn't have classes scheduled so she just followed me around the whole day. During lunch we sat together and talked more about her trip. Many people sat with us and listened to her stories. Before lunch ended we were walking to the bathroom when I noticed a sign in the hallway that caught my eye.

Friday May 25th: Mayday Parade Performs at South Tallahassee High School at 2:45

The sign had a picture of all the members in the band.

"Elaine it's them!" I yelled motioning her over to me.

"Wow they ARE cute! Which one is Brooks?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

"This one." I pointed to Brooks. He was holding a guitar and his hair was flying backwards.

Elaine laughed. "He is so perfect for you! And his hair!" She screamed at pretended to touch his hair on the picture. "I can't wait to hear them. I like him." She pointed to another guy in the picture.

"That's Jake. He sings and plays drums." I winked at her.

Elaine came home with me after school. When we got home I heard the band playing in the studio. But as we walked through the kitchen I saw someone sitting there. It was Ryan. I huffed a huge amount of air out of my mouth so he would know I was there.

"Oh gosh Lina, you're here!" Ryan ran towards me.

"Leave." I said sternly pointing to the door.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday." Ryan begged.

"No matter what you say I'm never EVER going to forgive you and that's that. So live with the pain and get the hell out of my house!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Then I heard footsteps coming from upstairs. I looked at the railing and I saw my brother looking into the conversation.

"I'm not leaving until you accept my apology." Ryan said walking towards me.

"Ryan, if you take one more step towards me I swear I will stab you with this knife." I pulled out a knife from a kitchen drawr and held it infront of me.

"Lina please--" Ryan was cut off.

"Leave my sister alone and get the HELL out of our house! You shouldn't have snuck in in the first place!" My brother yelled at him holding his fist in the air.

I could tell Ryan was terrified because he ran out of the house without even saying anything else.

End of chapter four!

Here's a little truth behind my writing: I may not be good BUT if you would just give my chapters a read I would really appriciate it. Another truth: This is completely and 100% truth right here. I have a dream the night before I write I wake up and write down all that I remember. If the dream wasn't completely WACK then I usually use some of it in my story. Crazy right? Well you can think whatever you want but I just wanted to get that out there. But I can't dream of everything, so if there are any masterminds out there reading this I'd really appriciate it if you'd give me a few suggestions. At some point I'm going to stop having good dreams so someone has to help. Like the other night I had a dream that me and my crush went to McDonalds and he drove my car. See that's not a very interesting thing, so HELP. Thank you. Stay tuned for more soon! Thanks for reading. <3

-Cali