And That's The Truth

~And That’s The Truth~

"Brooks. You caught me at the wrong time. I'll explain everything later I got to eat with my family. It's tradition. Now if you'd excuse me I have to finish getting ready." I explained pointing towards the door.

"Lina, I think you can wait five minutes." Brooks calmly said taking a seat on the couch.

"You think it's going to take you five minutes to explain everything that happened on your tour?" Brooks had a look of fear on his face. "Do you really think I'm just going to forgive you after what I saw?! You didn't even care to call and explain! It's okay because Emmet explained it all! He explained that you have needs and a young girl like me can't fulfill them. I've accepted it okay? Now you need to leave because I will never forgive you for not calling me. You left me guessing the whole time. Not ONE call. You will never get my heart back." I said putting emphasis on every time I said the word never.

"Let me explain! It's more complicated than you think, Lina!" Brooks said grabbing my arm.

"Don't ever touch me again." I said pushing it off. I felt the tears stream down my face.

"Lina. Please!" Brooks begged.

"Never. LEAVE!" I replied screaming.

"I'm not taking no for an answer!" Brooks said. I could hear it in his voice. He was heartbroken.

I hesitated at these last words. "Well you're going to have to except the fact that no is my answer. We are never speaking again. Goodbye Brooks. I hope you don't make these stupid mistakes again." with that I slammed the door in his face and took another shower. I had to vent.

One week later.

"Hun, you’ve got to go home." Elaine said brushing my hair.

"But Elaine! When I go home there are certain people there! And they make music about break ups. Gosh who am I kidding? We weren't even together." I stood up and packed up my stuff.

"Hey I uhh heard a funny rumor. I guess I should ask you before I actually choose to believe it or not." Elaine said holding my bag open for me.

"Okay?" I said unsure of what she was going throw at me.

"I heard you and Emmet got a little too close this summer." I instantly dropped all of my things and sprinted out of her house and across the street to Emmet’s house.

After raping his door bell someone finally answered his door. A very familiar beautiful blonde opened the door.

"Caro? Was it?" Her southern accent almost sickened me.

"Yeah. Darcy. Can I talk to Emmet?" I asked stepping into their house.

"Be my guest." She gave me a bright smile and I walked to Emmet’s bedroom.