I Hope My Luck Turns Around Sometime Soon

As the concert came closer, I still had no idea whether I was going to go or not. I was going crazy. I had three hours until I had to make a decision.

I went downstairs to the studio. I looked at the piano and thought about the time I played for Brooks. I was crying because I had just broken up with Ryan and then Brooks came out of no where and made me smile. I sat down on the bench and played the same song. I didn’t cry this time. The notes came slow but bounced off the walls.

I had to stop playing. I couldn’t finish the song. It wasn’t over yet. I was confused. I didn’t know what to do. There was something, one thing, that could stop this pain and confusion. Alcohol.

I went to Lauritz’s room and found a bottle of vodka. I don’t normally drink so I had no idea how much to drink. I’m a very small person so the alcohol took over within ten minutes. It was a weird feeling but I felt something lift off my shoulders. I kept drinking, but I knew I shouldn’t be alone. I called Elaine and she came right over.

“You’re drinking? You never drink!” Elaine was trying to knock some sense into me.

“Elaine, at least I’m responsible.” I laughed and wobbled around.

“Lina, come on. You call this responsible? You’re drinking your pain away. What’s wrong with you?” Elaine asked.

“I’m emotionally unstable. Hahaha!” I was laughing uncontrollably.

“Drink this water, Lina.” She basically shoved water down my throat.

“It’s time for the concert.” I stood up to get my jacket.

“You are not going to that concert alone.” Elaine said standing up with me.

“I only have one ticket. Silly goose!” I told her while poking her nose.

“Luke bought tickets for him and me. So we will go together. I already called a cab.”

The cab picked us up and drove us to the concert location. I stepped out of the cab and almost fell over.

“Please try to act sober.” Elaine hissed at me. I giggled.

We met Luke and they lead me to my front row seat. They had seats farther up so I had to sit alone. The alcohol was already rubbing off and I was starting to get a headache. The show was going to start in fifteen minutes. I spent those fifteen minutes preparing myself for what was going to happen. I also spent those fifteen minutes drifting off into sleep.

I was woken up by screams. Very loud girly screams. These loud screams made my head feel like it was about to burst. For a moment I forgot where I was. I looked up at the screen on the stage and saw my ex boyfriend’s picture. His hair was gone. It was short. It wasn’t the way I told him I liked it. The first time I met him I told him his hair was perfect. It was short now. Did Brooks...move on?