Hold Me Up Just A Little Bit Longer

~Hold Me Up Just A Little Bit Longer~

Juliet: Then, window, let day in, and let life out.

Romeo: Farewell, farewell! one kiss, and I'll descend.

Juliet: Art thou gone –

“CUT CUT CUT!” Screamed our director.

“Yes Mrs. Lawrence?” Emmet asked while walking down the prop balcony.

“I don’t feel it! You even said your line one kiss, and I’ll descend. And where’s the kiss?!” Mrs. Lawrence continued to yell.

Emmet and I looked at each other awkwardly.

“You haven’t kissed yet have you? My god. Kiss right now and MAKE ME BELIEVE IT!” Mrs. Lawrence screamed.

“So…you want us to kiss…right now…in front of all of you?” Emmet asked unsure.

“YES!”

I looked at Emmet and shrugged my shoulders. Emmet walked up the balcony ladder and planted a quick kiss on my lips.

“You expect me to believe this?! You’re not in love! All right, Emmet I know you have feelings for Lina in real life but you can’t let your awkwardness get in the way of this play. Step it up and SELL IT! NOW!” Mrs. Lawrence screamed causing everyone backstage to come on stage to make sure everything was okay.

Emmet looked at me and winked letting me know that it’s just what we have to do to make this play better.

“HELLO?! NOW, I SAID!”

Emmet slowly walked towards me placing his hands on my face. He slowly leaned in towards my lips and I leaned in too. I placed my hands on his chest as we kissed in front of everyone in the auditorium. At first it was just a kiss but then I was worried our director would yell again so I heated things up. The auditorium was silent for the next ten seconds when finally Emmet pulled away.

“Was that better?!” I asked Mrs. Lawrence.

“Perfect.” She replied.

After another four hours of hell our director let us go home.

“Remember only two more weeks until show time!”

This to me meant ‘two more weeks until Brooks came back’.

To be one hundred percent honest I wasn’t totally over Brooks. But I was still angry. I had seen more pictures on Facebook. I actually ended up deleting my Facebook account. I was also angry because Brooks hadn’t called me back. Maybe the voicemail was a little harsh but the least he could have done was apologize. Maybe I’m the one who had to apologize. I was so stressed. And what was going to happen when he came back? It was for sure going to be awkward. And he isn’t going to take me back after that voicemail I sent. And I’m nothing compared to those beautiful girls he probably had sex with. Maybe there were better people out there for me. Maybe it wasn’t meant to be.