I Need Those Florida Stars

I rolled over and gave Brooks a soft kiss. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, like no one was ever there last night. Was it a dream? I stood up and reached for my hairbrush but instead of feeling the brush, I felt a piece of paper. I picked it up and read it.

Lina, I love you.

Please be at my apartment at 6:00 tonight.

I have a huge surprise for you.

I love you, again. :)

-Brooks

I smiled because that’s when I realized it wasn’t a dream. Last night was a miracle. Brooks begged for me. I didn’t have to go begging to him. Brooks is the one for me, I knew it.

I spent hours with Elaine at the mall searching for an outfit for whatever Brooks had planned for me tonight. I found a white dress and super cute silver high heels. The outfit made me feel and look like a model. Elaine helped me get ready, she even curled my hair into long beautiful rings. Everything was going to be perfect.

I knew I couldn’t ride my bike with my dress so I chose to walk to the bus stop down the street. I felt a slight headache coming on but I was sure it was just nerves. But the more I thought about my headache the worse it felt. I took two advils, I thought it would help.

The bus was only five minutes away.

The headache wasn’t going away.

I had three minutes to get to the bus stop.

I started to run but the pain in my head stopped me. I felt a jolt of electricity start at my feet and spring to the top of my head. My headache was gone.

I fell onto the ground into the mud. The weird thing was, I was watching myself. I was laying on the ground. I was screaming at my body to stand up. My body started to shake and nasty white foam was coming out of my mouth.

“Stop!! You’re getting all muddy!” I screamed.

My hair was ruined and so was my dress, but the worst part about this was that I wasn’t going to have that special night with Brooks.

There went the bus.

(A/N: This part of the story will be told from Brooks’ perspective)

“Guys, it’s 7. She’s not coming.”

“She’s probably just finishing her hair right now! Give her a call!” Derek says trying to cheer me up.