Prologue

- PROLOGUE -

The aroma of the roasted chicken diverts Park Hana's attention from wiping the countertop to the oven. She knew how much her beloved husband loves her oven-baked roasted chicken coated with honey glaze. She smiles at the thought of imagining Felix's reaction when he sees the chicken on the dining table the moment he enters the house. To her, the happiest thing that ever happened in her life is marrying Felix. She couldn't be more thankful to god for letting them meet during their final year in university. Her thoughts was disrupted when the alarm on the oven beeped indicating that the chicken is done. She took it out and plate it nicely on the dining table. 

Not long after that, she heard someone opening the door. She ran to the front door and saw the man whom she loves with all her heart. Felix slammed the door close making Hana halted in her steps in shock. He ignored her presence and walked into the bedroom.

Is he ok? Hana thought.

She followed him to their shared bedroom. She stopped in her tracks when she sees him removing all her clothes from the wardrobe and stashes them in a luggage. Hana walked closer to him and asked, "What are you doing, Yeobo? Are we going somewhere?".

No response. She touched his hand and he jerked her hand away before zipping the luggage filled with her things. Hana who was still in utter confusion decided to stop her husband again, this time earning a tight slap on her right cheek. She held her cheek in shock and hurt. Still in disbelief with what Felix had just done a few seconds ago. Tears were starting to well up at the corner of her eyes. 

"Don't you fucking touch me with the hands you used to touch Bang Chan!", yelled Felix while staring at her with raging eyes. 

"Huh? What are you talking about?", Hana asked confused. 

"Don't act stupid, Hana. I know every single shit you have done behind my back."

"What? What did I do behind your back?", Hana asked. 

Felix walked closer to Hana with a white envelope in his hand which he received earlier today while he was working in the office. He then poured out the contents revealing a bunch of photos. Hana picked up the photos and she was appalled by what she saw. Photos of her kissing and hugging her husband's business rival, Bang Chan. There were also photos of her on the bed naked laying beside Bang Chan. 

"This is not me...", she muttered still looking at the photos in disbelief. 

Felix pushed her hard against the wall pinning her with both of his hands. 

"Don't lie Park Hana!"

She shook her head with tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"No Lix Yeobo please. It's really not me.", denied Hana.

"Shut the fuck up liar! I am done with you and your lies. I want you to get out of this house tonight and from today onwards you are no longer my wife."

Every single thing that leaves his mouth made Hana sobbed even harder. 

"Don't you trust me, Lix?", asked Hana with tears streaming down her cheeks showing no signs of stopping. 

He snickered and responded, "Do you actually think you deserved my trust?".

Felix grabbed Hana's arm with his right hand and her luggage with his left hand, dragging her down the stairs to the front door. Hana was crying real hard trying to stop him from moving but to no avail. He pushed Hana out of the house as well as her luggage and yelled, "Get lost from my sight! I don't want to see you after this. I will send Attorney Kim when the divorcement paper is ready.".

Hana shook her head disagreeing with everything he said. She felt her heart shattered with every single things he said. She felt a huge amount of injustice and intense pain in her heart when Felix accused her of things she did not do. 

"Don't do this to me, Yeobo. I love you with all my heart. I will never cheat on you.", cried Hana while trying her best to hug Felix. 

Felix pushed her away making her fall on the ground hard. He then slammed the door leaving her on the doorstep, alone in the cold. Hana, on the other hand, was still on the ground clutching her stomach when she felt a sharp pain the moment her body landed on the cold hard floor. She cried her hearts out with everything that was happening. All she is feeling is just pain and hurt. Coming from her fragile heart as well as her stomach. 

What did I do to deserve this God. Hana cried in her heart.

What a fucking betrayer. Felix thought on the other hand. 

He went up to his once shared bedroom with the woman he thought he could grow old together with and sat on the bed. He touched Hana's side of the bed as flashes of their moment together especially on this very bed appeared before his eyes. The moments they made love together, the times he cuddled her while watching movie, the times he tickled her when she intentionally don't want to wake up and of course their impromptu make out sessions. The tears he had been holding on trickled down as he regretted marrying the woman he now called betrayer. The woman he broke his heart into a million pieces. 

- END OF PROLOGUE -