Chapter 12 - Baby Haeun Is Gone

- CHAPTER 12 -

Felix dragged his feet as he follow the doctor from behind into the operation theatre. He felt his steps getting heavier the moment they walked closer to the recovery room. He looked up and there he saw unconscious Hana laying on the bed, wearing oxygen mask on her face and wires inserted on her hand. His eyes landed on the little bundle laid beside Hana on the bed. A peaceful yet beautiful face with her little eyes closed. Tears was welling up.

"You can take your time, Mr Lee.", spoke the doctor before walking out of the recovery room.

Felix walked closer to the little bundle and touched her pale cheeks.

"Haeun..."

He carried her in his arms and attached his lips to her forehead.

You can't leave us, Haeun. Don't leave your mom and dad.

"Haeun, open your eyes and look at me.", Felix begged softly with the baby is still his arms. His tears began to fall all over again the moment he said those words.

"You can't die Haeun. Your momma needs you. She won't be able to take it if she knows you're dead. Please baby, wake up. Do it for her.", continued Felix.

Still the baby made no movement.

Accept it Felix. Haeun is gone.

Felix caressed Haeun's cheeks before giving it a peck. He then attached his forehead to the baby's forehead. Felix continued to do so for almost five minutes when he suddenly felt a tugged on his shirt. He pulled away and looked down only to realise that Hana is regaining consciousness.

Hana flickered her eyes open and blink several times to get used to the bright lights. She pulled off the oxygen mask and looked up at Felix.

"Lix..... Haeun....", Hana muttered. The hoarse in her voice indicates the immense pain she was in as a result of the operation.

Felix scooted closer to Hana and sat down by her side on her bed. He hesitantly passed Haeun to Hana. Hana sat up weakly and took Haeun from Felix. Although she is weak, she still want to hold her Haeun.

She smiled looking at sleeping Haeun. She held her close to her chest before giving her a kiss on her soft little forehead. As her hold on Haeun tighten, she realized one thing.

Haeun is not moving at all.

"Haeun-ah", called Hana as she caressed the latter's cheek.

To her horror, the little one is not moving at all. She brought her ears closer to Haeun's chest and realized that the baby was no heart beat at all.

"Haeun, open your eyes.", Hana exclaimed while shaking the baby a little.

Felix get his heart breaking at the sight in front of him.

"Hana, Haeun is gone. She did not survive.", announced Felix painstakingly.

Hana looked up to Felix and her tears instantly falls. She shook her head in disbelief.

"No! That can't be! My Haeun is still alive!", cried Hana stil trying to wake the bundle in her arms.

"She is still alive. She will wake up, Lix."