Chapter 8 - Conflicting Emotions

- CHAPTER 8 -

"Lix", a soft voice called breaking the silence in the room.

Felix stood up from the sofa when he heard Hana calling his name. He went closer to Hana.

"Hana? Are you ok?"

Hana flickered her eyes open and shut trying to adjust to the bright lights. Realizing that she was in the hospital, she forced herself to sit up and touch her stomach frantically.

"Baby? Is my baby ok Lix?"

"Don't worry Hana. The baby is fine. Please lay back down. You shouldn't move around too much.", stated Felix with traces of care and concern in his voice.

Hana breathed out in relief upon hearing that. She was about to lay back down when the door to her ward opened revealing Bang Chan and Jaemin with three cups of coffee in their hands.

"Hana! You are awake!!!", Jaemin exclaimed in excitement.

"Oppa. You are here too."

"Felix called me. I am going to scold you Hana. For not listening to me and for not taking care of yourself. I want you to tell me the truth.", Jaemin spoke with his smile changed to a frown.

Hana looked down with her hand still on the bump.

Thank god for protecting my baby girl.

"I'm sorry Oppa. I may have overwork myself a little. But, I promise with my life that I will never do anything to harm my baby.", Hana still looked down while the boys looked at her intently.

Bang Chan walked closer to her and pull her into his chest.

"Hana. We are not only concern about the baby. But you as well. You have no idea how guilty Hyunjin is right now. He wanted to come and see you but his wife is not feeling well."

"It's not Hyunjin's fault Chan. It's mine. When I was unwell, I did not say anything. But I'm fine now. I will be able to work again soon.", Hana spoke looking up at him.

Felix clenched his fist together watching the close proximity between Hana and Bang Chan.

"Did you just mention about going to work again?!", Jaemin half-screamed.

"Yeah Hana. Why did you mention work again? You are supposed to rest. Focus on eating properly. Focus on getting better.", added Bang Chan.

Hana remained silent. She knew the guys will not be able to understand her situation.

"Hana, do you hear us? We are talking to you. Are you deaf?!", Jaemin continued with his voice getting crude.

Jaemin was not able to control his anger as his care and worries for Hana had got the better of him. Bang Chan and Felix were astounded by Jaemin's hostility when talking to Hana.

"Jaemin, I think we should give her some time. Let's not force her.", interrupted Bang Chan with the hope to mediate the situation.

"No! I'm not stopping until I get answers. Hana! Tell me why are you doing this to yourself?! Why didn't you visit your gynae every month? Why didn't you eat properly?! Don't you love Haeun?! Do you have any idea how wor-", Jaemin's words was cut off.

"I did all this for Haeun Oppa! I work hard for her. Do you know why I skip checkup? I skip checkup for her. I am saving up for her future. Do you know how it feels to be in my position? I am going to be a single mom. I am going to be the sole breadwinner for Haeun. I am going to be her mother as well as her father. She is my first priority. Whatever I am feeling comes later. Do you think it's easy for me? I have to deal with everything on my own. I have to go through my morning sickness on my own. If my stomach and back hurts, I have to try to massage it on my own. I literally have to do it myself Oppa. The reason I could not eat properly is because I have no appetite. I always try my best to consume the food but it will end up in the toilet bowl. Whenever I eat, I will throw up. It's beyond my control. Haeun is my everything. I will do anything to take care of and protect her Oppa.", Hana lashed out with tears trickling down her eyes.

All 3 boys were experiencing conflicting feelings. For Jaemin, guilt and pity. For Bang Chan, pity and concern. And for Felix, it was indescribable. It's as if a part of his world had crashed. He knew he was the cause of it and yet, he was still wondering if leaving Hana was a mistake.

"Hana."

"Enough Oppa. I can't do this. I think you guys should leave. I need to be alone.", stated Hana pulling herself away from Bang Chan before laying down on the bed pulling her blanket.

"We are sorry Hana. We shouldn't have. I of all people shoul-", Jaemin's words were cut once again.

"It's ok Oppa. I hope you can leave now. I want to rest. This is too much for me.", Hana uttered.

She felt bad because she knew she came across as rude to the boys but she really needed her space at this moment.

"You have a good rest. We will be outside if you need anything.", Jaemin spoke apologetically.

Hana closed her eyes ignoring Jaemin. Bang Chan and Jaemin walked out of the room feeling extremely gutted. On the other hand, Felix looked at Hana who was laying with her eyes close. Part of him wanted to hug her and calm her down. But a part of him questions if she actually deserves his concern. The conflicting feelings made him feel queasy. He looked at her one last time before walking out of her room.

Did I commit a big mistake?

As Felix left the room, he spotted Bang Chan and Jaemin at the corridor talking to each other. He walked over to them and spoke, "I need to go first. Update me on her condition.".

The two boys nodded and watched him walked to the lobby.

"I think we should go home too. Hana needed her space and we should respect that. I will inform the hospital to keep us updated.", Bang Chan said looking at distress Jaemin.

Jaemin give it a serious thought and decided that Bang Chan is right. He nodded and drove Bang Chan to Hana's place to get his car as Felix was the one who drove him to the hospital earlier. On the other hand, Felix drove aimlessly to a modern duplex apartment located not too far from his place. He pressed the doorbell only to be greeted by the woman he needed to distract his mind.

"Hyojung...", Felix muttered pulling her by the waist.

"Honey", Hyojung called wrapping her hands around his neck.

They both leaned in and connected their lips together. Felix kissed her deeply and bit her lip a little making her moaned. His hands started traveling down her body and to the hem of her night dress.

"Felix, I swear you are going to regret every single thing you said and done to Hana. Because I can swear on my life that I have never once met Hana behind your back and not to mention touch her"

"I am going to be her mother as well as her father. She is my first priority. Whatever I am feeling comes later. Do you think it's easy for me?"

Felix stopped kissing Hyojung abruptly when those words he heard earlier today suddenly lingered in his mind. His mood suddenly changed at the thought of the possibility that the baby Hana is carrying is his and that he may have commit a big mistake of divorcing Hana.

"Are you ok, hon?", Hyojung asked feeling slightly unhappy when he stopped kissing her.

Felix ignored her and stood up.

"I need to go Hyojung. Sorry."

Hyojung looked at him in ridicule and smirked.

It must be that bitch.

The moment Felix left, Hyojung made a call with someone whom hated Hana and Felix to the core.

"It's time to do it baby.", she said on the phone with a smirk on her face.

Not long after that Felix had finally reached home. As he was about to enter his house, someone had covered his nose with a piece of cloth. He struggled to push the man away but he was too strong for him. Eventually, Felix was starting to lose consciousness.

In the hospital, Hana woke up suddenly feeling an uneasy feeling in her heart. She knew something bad was going to happen. She flinched when the door to her ward was suddenly pushed open with a great force by a masked man. He approached her and Hana knew she could not run.

Oh god, protect my Haeun.

- END OF CHAPTER 8 -