Chapter 16 - Just A Nobody

- CHAPTER 16 -

Hana sat down, staring at her laptop in dazed. Seeing the state she was in, Hyunjin tapped her back which instantly brought her out of her daydream.

"A penny for your thoughts?", he asked.

Hana shook her head and replied, "Nothing."

Hyunjin sighed.

"I know when something is bugging you. Is it Lee Felix?", he asked making Hana's eyes widened.

The moment he said his name, Hana felt a pang in her heart. All the tears she had been withholding the whole morning instantly falls down her pale cheeks.

"Oh god. Hana, what's wrong? Why are you crying?", panicked Hyunjin.

Hana covered her face with her hands. Hyunjin who was still in shock rubbed his hands up and down her back.

"Tell me Hana. I can't see you crying like this.", cooed Hyunjin.

Hana continued crying. Suddenly, Hyunjin's office door opening. It's Bang Chan. Bang Chan saw the state Hana's in and he instantly rushed to the latter. He pulled away her hands from her face only to see the poor lady reddened face from crying.

He pulled her up by her hand and brought her into his embrace. He tightened his hold around her.

"You have to be strong, Hana.", he breathed to Hana's ears.

Hyunjin got closer and held her shoulder.

"I don't know if I'm strong enough for this. He is acting as if I am non-existent in front of him.", Hana sobbed against Bang Chan's chest.

"We don't what is going on in his heart. Maybe he is worried about hurting you again and he is just putting up a strong front.", assured Bang Chan.

"But what he is doing right now is hurting me a lot. Maybe he has moved on. Did you see how he spoke to his assistant? And he can acknowledge everyone in the meeting, why can't he do the same to me?"

Bang Chan and Hyunjin chuckled at Hana's words.

"Is this you showing your jealousy?", Hyunjin asked teasingly hoping to lighten up the mood in the office.

Hana pulled away from the embrace and pouted with her tears still flowing down her eyes.

"It hurts, Hyunjin. It really did. I love him. Maybe more than I love myself.", confessed Hana.

The moment Hana uttered those words, Bang Chan felt a part of his world crumble down. He don't know why he is feeling this way but the pain is suffocating him. Regardless, he maintain his strong and cheerful demeanor.

"You guys need to talk. Only then the pain will go away.", Bang Chan advised.

"Agree.", supported Hyunjin.

"But how? He don't even want to look at me."

"How about we distract Yujin by giving her a fake task so that you can go in his office to speak to him?", suggested Hyunjin.

Bang Chan nodded, agreeing to Hyunjin's suggestion.

"I will call him to seek his permission to borrow Yujin. Will ask her to help with finding some files in the archive room at the basement. I will say you are settling some other administrative matters.", continued Hyunjin.

"Yes, that's possible. He will never say no to you.", Bang Chan said.

Hana looked at the two of them, still unsure if its possible to make him sit down and talk things out with her. Bang Chan cupped her cheeks and rubbed her stray tears with his thumbs.