Chapter 3 - Independence

- CHAPTER 3 -

Three months had passed since Hana and Felix's separation. Hana finally managed to rent a studio apartment. With Jaemin's help, she managed to quicken her moving out process. Jaemin was hesitant to let Hana go, but he knew nothing can change her decision once she has made up her mind. Even though the studio apartment she now resides in is not that big, she is thankful that there is a roof protecting her and her baby. 

Hana did not claim her alimony payment from Felix as she did not want to. In order to sustain her new life, she has to work. Fortunately, her last interview with Hwang Corporations was successful and the company hired her to be the CEO's personal assistant. She couldn't be more thankful to them for accepting her despite knowing the fact that she's pregnant. Tomorrow will be her first day of work and Hana felt the jitters kicking in.

Hana stood in front of her full-length mirror in her bedroom and pull up her shirt slightly. She stared at her reflection and focus her attention on the bulging 5 months old baby bump. She touched the bump and lightly caress it.

"Hi baby girl. I hope you are feeling ok there. Mama is so nervous to start work. Please stay strong for Mama while I save up for us ok. I love you, baby.", Hana cooed at the baby bump, feeling tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

Please don't cry Hana. You can do this!

"Anyway baby, I have a name for you. I know this is sudden, but I kinda like this name. I wonder if you will like it too. Since you and Uncle Jaemin are the only family members I have, I am gonna share with you first and then share with Uncle Jaemin the next time I see him. Well... I'm going to to name you... Lee Haeun. Do you like it, baby?", continued Hana smiling.

She felt a sudden movement on her tummy. She felt a warm feeling building inside of her when the baby moved. Hana pulled her shirt down and lay herself on the bed. Her mind wondered to the moment when she was still married to Felix.

+Flashback+
Hana was laying down on the bed while Felix was in the bathroom. The moment he stepped out of the bathroom with only a piece of towel, he jumped on the bed and tickled Hana. She couldn't stop laughing and tried to hit him but he pinned her to the bed towering over her. The two were staring at each other and Felix leaned in capturing her lips with his. 

The kiss was passionate initially but gradually turns aggressive as Felix started to unbutton her pyjamas top. He trailed his kisses down to her neck and then down to her breast. Before they know it, they were both naked and making love to one another. The moment he pulled out of her, he threw himself beside her and wrap her in his arms. Thanks to that, Hana was able to have proper good night sleep.

+End of flashback+

Hana turned sideways and hugged her bolster really tight. Tears were trickling down her face. She misses Felix and all the things he would do to make sure she's comfortable and safe. Now, she's all alone. She has to find her own comfort and security. No matter how hard, she's going to do it for Baby Haeun. Before she knows it, she falls into deep sleep.

The next morning, Hana got up really early. It's her first day of work and she woke up extra early to ensure that she won't be late. She wore a plain black long sleeve dress that ended beautifully at her knees and tied up her hair into a ponytail. She looked at herself on the mirror and decided to put a little baby pink lip tint, to add a little bit of colour on her pale face.

Simple and neat.

She thought as she looked at her reflection once again. Her phone suddenly beeped indicating that there is a notification. She took out her phone and saw that she had receive a message.

1 message from Na Jaemin

Good luck for your first day. I know you are going to nail it. Fighting!

Hana smiled at the message and replied.

Hana: Thank you Oppa! I will update you ok! :) 

She walked to the bus stop. Fortunately for her, there is a straight bus that will alight her directly in front of the building she will be working at. After an approximately 30 minutes journey, she finally reached Hwang Corporations building and walked in to the front desk to report herself. The lady at the front desk told her to go CEO Hwang's office at the last floor and he will take it from there. Hana nodded her head and thanked the lady while bowing slightly. She then walked in the elevator and press level 40 where the CEO's office is. She felt her herself shaking as she went up the elevator. The nerve is starting to kick in pretty strong. The moment the elevator reached level 40, Hana touched her chest with the hope to gather as much courage as she can. She walked to CEO's office and knocked on his door.

"Come in.", a manly voice said through the intercom.

Hana walked in and she saw a young and stunning-looking man. He had a light brown hair which falls perfectly almost to his shoulders and beautiful sparkly eyes. Hana smiled and bowed down to greet him.

"Good morning Sir. My name is Park Hana and I'm your new personal assistant."

"Nice to meet you Hana. I'm Hwang Hyunjin. You can just call me Hyunjin. Don't need the Sir.", he spoke and a chuckle followed after.

Hana nodded, "Alright, Si- I mean Hyunjin.".

"Ok let me brief you a little of your job. Basically, you're required to assist me on daily basis. You're to prepare all relevant deeds for all projects/meetings. You'll also be preparing all paperwork. You'll be attending to other administrative matters. If I can't attend a meeting/event that couldn't be postponed, you'll be my representative. Oh and most importantly, I need to have my coffee 3 times a day. The first one at 9am. Second one at 2pm and the last one at 6pm. Are the instructions clear and are you ok with it?"

Hana nodded while she scribbled down every single thing that is required of her on her notebook.

"That's good Hana! Anyway, as I am aware, you're currently with a baby on the way. So when is the expected due date?", asked Hyunjin.

"In 4 months time. Somewhere in September.", Hana responded.

"Ah ok. Got it! Don't worry, I'll allow you to work from home one week before your delivery date. And, after you give birth, you can decide how long your maternity leave should. But disclaimer, I'll need you to work from home. If that's ok with you. But I guess I'll need to hire someone to make the coffee.", he said and end it with a playful smile.

Hana laughed at his cheekiness.

"Don't worry sir. I mean Hyunjin. I'll come back as soon as I've recovered from childbirth. I mean I'm still new and I have a lot to learn. Thank you for your kindness. I really appreciate it.", Hana spoke.

"That's great Hana! And don't worry. I have a wife and son so I totally understand what you are going through. Welcome to my company! Your office will directly beside mine and this door on your right is a connecting door. In other words, our rooms are connected. So if there's anything you can just use that door. Easier and efficient. If everything is clear, the room next door is all yours. I'll hand you some files later after lunch yeah. Get yourself comfortable first ok.", explained Hyunjin.

Hana nodded and thanked him one more time. She then entered her own office via the connecting door and settled herself on the chair and read through the notes she made earlier on. She's so happy that the CEO she's going to work for is polite and understanding. Although they just met, she can sense his sincerity the way he spoke to her. She smile and thank god for all this.

Everything will be ok, Hana. Stay strong for Haeun. 

- END OF CHAPTER 3 -