Chapter 18 - Sad News, Sudden Decisions

- CHAPTER 18 -

Hana opened her eyes only to be attacked the by the bright lights. Her eyes flickered trying to adjust to the bright white surroundings.

"Hey Hana. You are awake! Let me get Bang Chan and the doctor.", spoke Hyunjin who was sitting on the chair beside Hana.

Hana nodded as she pushed herself to sit up.

"Hana!"

She looked up and saw Bang Chan dashing towards her. He instantly brought her into his embrace. Resting her head against his chest as he kissed her head.

"Chan."

"I'm so glad you're awake. I was so worried.", he breathed tightening his hold around her.

"Ms Park. How are you feeling?"

Hana turned to the voice to see the doctor and Hyunjin.
.
Hana pulled away from Bang Chan and looked at the doctor.

"I'm feeling better. Just slight pain on my stomach. Am I sick doctor?", she asked nervously.

"Ms Park, I am Doctor Jacob Bae and I'm an obstetrician-gynecologists. When you were brought here, you were bleeding. So we had run a few tests on you. I have the results of the test with me right now. But before anything, can I ask some questions?"

Hana nodded nervously.

"Did you go through miscarriage recently within these past 12 months? If no, do you by chance have irregular menstrual pattern?", asked Dr Jacob.

Hana felt her nightmare reliving. She despised talking about losing her baby. This made her a little tense and upset. Bang Chan, on the other hand, knew Hana is not okay. He wrapped his hand around her shoulder and pull her closer to him.

"Y-yyes. I had a miscarriage recently. I lost my baby a month ago. When I was in the hospital, they had to operate my baby out to save my life which in turn cause my baby to ...", Hana stopped there.

Tears started welling up at the corner of her eyes. Both Bang Chan and Hyunjin watched her with sympathy.

"Understood Ms Park. Do you know the cause of the miscarriage?"

"I just had a really bad contraction coming from my stomach and I lost consciousness. All I know is that when I woke up, my Haeun is gone forever.", Hana muttered.

Tears were already trickling down her eyes at this point. Bang Chan tightened his hold on her shoulder careering her cheek with other hoping to soothe her.

"May I know what are your relationship to Ms Park sirs?, the doctor direct the question to both Bang Chan and Hyunjin.

Hyunjin decided to answer for Bang Chan.

He stated, "I'm her friend and superior at work. That man over there is her boyfriend."

Both Bang Chan and Hana look at Hyunjin in utter shock. But they knew why he had done so. If he do not do so, the doctor might not allow them to sit through this with Hana here right now.

"Okay very well Mr Bang and Mr Hwang, as I mentioned before we had run some tests to determine the cause of her bleeding. We found that Ms Park has a Proximal Tubal Occlusion which when the end of fallopian tube, located near the uterus, is blocked. This may be caused by infection due to abortion, miscarriages, cesarean section, or pelvic inflammatory disease. The abdominal pain and bleeding are symptoms."

Doctor Jacob paused.

"Will I be okay, Doctor?", questioned Hana.

The Doctor gave Hana a sad smile.

"Due to this condition, you have a low chance of conceiving in the future. You might not be able to get pregnant again."

Hana felt her heart dropped to her stomach. She felt numb and tears were already streaming down her face. She brought her hand up to her stomach and started sobbing.

I will never be a mother. What's the purpose of living.

Bang Chan and Hyunjin wrapped their arms around Hana.

"There are many alternatives you may consider should you want to start planning for a family. So don't worry too much. Focus on recovering first. You can be discharge today and leave whenever you're ready.", continued the doctor.

The doctor bowed and excused himself.

"Hana.", called Bang Chan.

"I wanna go back to the office.", uttered Hana emotionless.

Bang Chan and Hyunjin looked at each other.

"Han-"

Bang Chan was cut off by Hana.

"I'm ok Chan. I want to get back to work. It's my first day and it's not ok for me to be here."

"Hana. Listen. You should-", Hyunjin was cut.

"It's ok Hyunjin and Chan. I'm really fine. I just want to get back and start working. Please.", pleaded Hana.

As much as both Bang Chan and Hyunjin want Hana to go home and rest, they knew that she needed to distract herself. She's far too hurt to be staying home alone. Upon settling the hospital bills, Hyunjin drove Hana and Bang Chan back to SKZ Corporations.

Everyone was silent throughout the journey. Both Bang Chan and Hyunjin wanted to give Hana motivational words but they knew nothing will make the situation better. For Hana, she felt herself useless.  She lost her husband, she lost her baby and she lost the chances to be a mother.

I have no reason to live.

Hana went in Hyunjin's office and started flipping through stack of reports. Bang Chan sighed and went back to his office while Hyunjin sat beside Hana and go through the reports with her.

"Hana.", Hyunjin called.

No response.

"Hana, listen."

No response.

Hana's attention is fully on the paper in front of her.

"Park Hana. I'm talking to you."

Hana looked at him with blank eyes.

"Hana, you need to rest. Don't be too hard on yourself.", advised Hyunjin.

Hana chuckled.

"Don't worry, Hyunjin. I'm fine. I want to focus on my work.", she responded.

Lies.

Hyunjin was taken aback by her reaction. This is not normal. It makes more sense for her to cry and yell instead of being at calm.

I'm sorry, Hyunjin. Let me do my part to help you and the rest with Project SKZ. It's the least I can do for you and Bang Chan for everything you guys had done for me.
Once it's done, I have decided to leave this world, for good.

Hyunjin pat her head and smile to her. He excused himself and walked out of his office. He made his way to Bang Chan's office. He entered and sat opposite Bang Chan.

"She's not normal. She told me she's fine. But she's not. You have to see it for yourself. Her eyes were soul less even though she was chuckling and smiling. It's scary. I don't know what's going through her mind."

Bang Chan frowned. He was worried for the woman he cares for the most.

"Fuck.", uttered Bang Chan not knowing what he should do to help her.

"I care for Hana. The last thing I want is to her unhappy.", Hyunjin said resting his head on his hands.

Bang Chan stood up from his chair making Hyunjin to look up at him.

"I will marry her."

I will take make it right, Hana. Please trust me to do so with you.

- END OF CHAPTER 18 -