28

it's been almost 3 days after maddie and daniel had their fight. they haven't spoken or interacted with each other since then either. though they have seen each other a few times, meaning they live in the same house.

daniel wasn't doing so good though. he regretted raising his voice at the love of his life. he wanted to apologize but he was too scared to. he knew maddie wasn't the type of person to accept an apology so quickly. he has been sleeping on the couch while maddie slept in their bed. he didn't sleep much nor eat as much. his anxiety getting worse and worse every day. he didn't see her much because she was always with kay but he was thankful someone was looking after her.

maddie wasn't doing so good either. she was lucky to have kay by her side for a lot of it. she was struggling with her anxiety a lot more than she normally would. just like daniel, she doesn't really get much sleep. she just wishes she would've handled the situation better than she had. there had been many times where she wanted to go up to him and kiss and hug him but she feared he would yell at her again.

maddie was under the covers watching tiktoks on her phone when she heard a knock on the bedroom door. when she didn't answer the door opened revealing her boyfriend holding the pillow and blanket he'd brought down a couple nights before.

"you can't sleep either?" he asked walking in. maddie shook her head and put her phone on the charger. daniel closed the door and sat down next to her legs. "i'm sorry i raised my voice at you.." he said.

"it's okay." said maddie, smiling and pulling the blanket over herself more.

"i was just stressed out and i don't know i just didn't know if-" he started but maddie cut him off. "just shut up and kiss me." she said and pulled him in for a kiss. "you have no idea how long i've been waiting for that." she said once she pulled away.

"me too baby. me too." said daniel, crawling into bed next to her pulling her body closer to his. the couple falling asleep in each other's arms finally being able to fall asleep soundly.

a/n:
no bc i love them 🥺✋