05

maddies pov:

It's been about a month since I met Daniel. we were super close and we tell each other literally everything. I also grew close to one of his bandmates, Corbyn. Daniel had recently got a girlfriend named Allison. she's super sweet and extremely nice and she treats Daniel amazingly. I have feelings for Daniel so I was kind of hurt when he told me but I was mostly happy for them. one day I got a super unexpected call from Corbyn at 2 am. I answered very concerned as to why he was calling me so late at night.

"Maddie you gotta get over here," he spoke into the phone.

"why? What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's Daniel."

"I'll be there in 10," I said as I hung up. I quickly grabbed a jacket and some shoes and practically ran to my car. daniel often had panic attacks maybe twice a month. I was the only one who could calm him down. the rest of the boys have tried to calm him down but for some reason, it doesn't work when they try so I always have to come over, and sometimes I even have to spend the night to calm him down. I soon got to the wdw house and quickly made my way inside without knocking because I'm a good person. :)

"where is he?" I asked Corbyn who was on the couch.

"his room." I quickly made my way up to his room but he wasn't there.

"Daniel?" I yelled. I heard sobs coming from his bathroom so I went in there. he was sitting against a wall with his knees to his chest, tears pouring down his face. I sat down next to him and hugged him and he rocked back and forth. "shhh. its alright, I'm here now." I said in a comforting tone. "daniel calm down." he started to calm down a bit but he was still crying. "daniel, talk to me." he laid his head on my shoulder and tried calming down a bit more until he could finally speak.

"I'm s-sorry," he spoke in between sobs.

"don't apologize, you can't help it." I rubbed my thumb in circular motions against his arm to calm him down. we just sat there for a bit until he spoke again.

"you don't have to keep coming here to help me, you know that right?"

"I know, but I want to. you know I'm the only one who can calm you down. it's okay." a gave him a small smile. "let's get you to your bed." I helped him up and we walked over to his bed. he laid down and I pulled the covers over him, kissing his forehead. "it'll be alright." I smiled and started walking away until he grabbed my wrist.

"Please stay with me." he sniffled.

"in a second, I'll be right back." I smiled at him and walked out closing the door behind me. I walk downstairs and sit next to Corbyn on the couch.

"How is he?" he asks once he noticed me.

"better. he's laying down right now." I laid back.

"that's good." he smiled and went back to looking at his phone.

"hey, corbs?" I ask.

"yeah?" he looks back at me.

"Why does he always need me to calm him down. he has a girlfriend and I think she is capable of calming him down." he laughs. "what?"

"She's already tried. it doesn't work. I'm telling you mads, you're the only one who can calm him down." he put his hands on my shoulders.

"that's weird. really weird." I look towards the stairs.

"he loves you so much."

"Yeah, I know..."

"maddieeeee!" daniel called from upstairs.

"go get your man" he patted my head as I laughed and went back upstairs into daniels room. he was laying on his back looking up at the ceiling.

"you took way too long." he said as he noticed me going into his closet. "what are you doing?"

"stealing your hoodie, duh," I said as he let out a small laugh. I put on his hoodie and laid next to him, copying his position. "hey daniel?"

"Yeah?" he answers.

"how come I'm always the one comforting you?" I ask.

"what do you mean?" he sits up.

"it's just that you have a girlfriend and we cuddle and stuff all the time. don't you think that's a bit weird?"

"no, I don't think it's weird. can best friends not cuddle?"

"that's not what I meant. like Daniel, you have a girlfriend and we literally cuddle and sleep in the same bed all the time." I don't get why daniel doesn't get why this is weird. I don't want to do anything to ruin his and ally's relationship. I don't wanna get involved in that.

"I get where you're coming from but I still don't think that it's weird." I sighed and sat up.

"Daniel, I really think we should stop whatever this is." he looked over at me.

"what do you mean?"

"Whatever this is, I'm done. I don't want to ruin your relationship with ally. there's no way I'm getting involved with any of that. so please, let's just stop this constant flirting because again, daniel you have a fucking girlfriend! I want you to stay loyal to her. I love you so much but we just can't do this." I got up but up grabbed my wrist. "daniel, let go."

"no. you can't just leave!"

"daniel, let go!" he finally let go and I stormed out with tears in my eyes. I really didn't want to do this but I had to and it hurts me to see him hurt. Corbyn saw me and ran up to me.

"mads, what's wrong?" he pulled me into a hug.

"I told daniel that we can't do this anymore. all this constant cuddling and sleeping in the same bed. I can't do that to ally." I said crying on his chest.

"you did the right thing but what about his panic attacks? your the only one who can stop them."

"call Ally then." I said pulling away from Corbyn. "ill see you some other time, love you." I gave him a quick smile and left the wdw house with tears in my eyes.