3 || what happens in vegas

In the Vegas lightsWhere villains spend the weekendThe deep endWe're swimming with the sharks until we drown-Vegas Lights, Panic! At The Disco

In the Vegas lights
Where villains spend the weekend
The deep end
We're swimming with the sharks until we drown
-Vegas Lights, Panic! At The Disco

In the Vegas lightsWhere villains spend the weekendThe deep endWe're swimming with the sharks until we drown-Vegas Lights, Panic! At The Disco

March 19th 2008
Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas

Unsurprisingly, when we actually arrive at the award ceremony, Dad disappears. Whoever had the bright idea to host an award ceremony honoring Tony Stark at a casino should be fired. Sure, this would be a good place to host his funeral, since this is where he pretty much lives. But, if you're banking on him to show up- casino isn't the spot I would have chosen. Still, here I am, going up to save Rhodey from the public embarrassment of having nobody show up to receive the award.

"Thanks, Aria, you're a lifesaver.", Rhodey whispers, as I take the award from him.

"Yeah, I get that a lot.", I mutter, he chuckles slightly and pats me on the back, before walking off stage. I turn to the audience full of people with extremely boring job descriptions, "Uh, well, I'm not Tony Stark.", I laugh awkwardly, once again twisting my ring around my finger, "Just in case the lack of a magnificent goatee and a staggering ego didn't give it away. I am a Stark though, so... Close enough?", the crowd laugh at this, "On behalf of my father though, I can say what an honor it is to receive this prestigious award and how thrilled he is to be presented with it. The best thing about my father is also the worst thing- and believe me, I would know- he's always working. He's constantly trying to improve weapons technology to protect our country. So, thank you for this award; me, my family, and all of us at Stark Industries are extremely grateful. Thank you.", I nod politely then walk offstage.

Once I'm out of the room, Rhodey walks up to me, "Seriously, he didn't even show up for this?"

"I am going to murder him. That was so embarrassing.", I say, storming off towards the casino.

"You did quite well.", Rhodey tells me, trying to keep up with my angry-walking pace.

"Yeah, we'll tell ourselves that.", I walk up to the entrance of the casino, but I'm stopped by a big, beefy bouncer.