22 || spy things

So how could I ever refuseI feel like I win when I loseWaterlooCouldn't escape if I wanted to-Waterloo, ABBA

I feel like I win when I lose
Waterloo
Couldn't escape if I wanted to
-Waterloo, ABBA

So how could I ever refuseI feel like I win when I loseWaterlooCouldn't escape if I wanted to-Waterloo, ABBA

August 7th, 2008
Malibu, California

"Aurelia Stark has arrived folks!", Clint grins as I walk into his and Natasha's office.

"Iron Man junior.", Nat smirks.

"No. That name is forbidden.", I tell them.

"What, you're not happy about being the daughter of a superhero?"

"Not when everybody in the world knows it.", I perch on the edge of Clint's desk, "Got any other subjects we could discuss?"

Nat looks up from her computer, "I saw you on the news the other night, at that gala. You looked nice. I might have to try the whole billionaire lifestyle sometime.", she jokes.

"Well, honestly that gala was so boring.", I try to push the truth of what happened to the back of my mind, determined to never let anyone aside from Dad know the truth of what happened. I'm stronger than that. I'm stronger than him and I will not have everything I've worked for go to waste just because people think I'm now damaged goods. "I ended up just talking about Captain America with Coulson all night.", I lie.

"Did he show you his signed training cards?", Clint asks eagerly.

"Of course he did."

We all say at the same time, "They're vintage."

"So, you excited to get out into the field?", Nat asks, leaning her chin in her hand.

"Maybe. Do either of you actually know what we're doing?", I ask.

"That's what I brought you in to discuss.", Fury says.

At the sound of his voice, I almost jump into the cupboard behind me. That guy came in quietly. "Shit!", I yell, "You're quite the little spy, 'aint 'ya?"

"So I've been told.", he places a folder on Nat's desk, "You three look this over. Barton, Romanoff, I trust you two to execute this well.", he turns to me, "Stark, don't mess this up.", he then leaves without another word.

"Right... No pressure then.", I say.

Nat picks up the file and lays the papers out across the table, "Alright, what are we working with?"

After we all read over the file, the important information we take from it is:
-There's a drug-smuggling ring run by Edward Armitage, the son of a billionaire,
-Their next shipment is coming to a bar in New York next week,
-We have to intercept the trade-off.

Great. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

"So, any ideas?", Clint asks.

"This bar, Vinum, either of you two heard of it?"

"The name rings a bell, uh...", I rack my mind, "Oh yeah, um, I think my dad used to go there when we lived in NY. It's nice, really cushy."

"What kind of people hang around there?", asks Nat, taking notes.

"Uh, well obviously the Tony Stark type. Think heirs to billions, stuck-up snobs, old-money types.", I explain.

"Great, we get to dress fancy!", Clint grins, "Can I borrow that dress you were wearing at the gala, Aria?"

"Yeah, I think it would look great on you, Clint. But it isn't a black-tie place, it's just an overpriced bar."

"Right, so what's our plan?", he asks.

Nat looks over her notes once more then nods, "I think I've got something.", she stands up, "So, Aria, waltz in and... be Aurelia Stark. You're a bit too recognizable for an alias."

"Fair enough."

"Right, Aria seduce him-"

"Seduce him?", I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah,", she shrugs nonchalantly, "should be easy for you. Everyone's into Aurelia Stark."

"Okay..."

"Get him to confess, pretend you're interested in buying off him or something. After she's done that, Clint comes in and claims he's Aria's boyfriend, starts a fight with Edward.", she continues laying out her plan.

"Why?", Clint and I both ask.

"Huh?", she raises an eyebrow.

"Why are me and Clint..."

"Because.", she shrugs.

Can't argue with that logic.

"Whatever, continue with the plan.", Clint says.

"So, Clint starts fighting this Edward guy, everybody's distracted. I go to the shipment and tell them that Edward's unavailable, so I'm accepting the shipment. Boom, now we have evidence against Edward and we've intercepted the shipment. Clint, after you've beat Edward's ass to kingdom come, place him under arrest. Aria, act really confused the entire time, alright? Wouldn't want your little job getting exposed.", she nods her head, content, "Got it?"

"Yeah, I think we got it.", Clint says.

"Good.", she turns to me, "You sure you're ready for this?"

"Yeah. I've been waiting... four months for this."

"You rose up the levels really fast, almost as fast as me.", Nat says, "Almost."

"Yeah, I don't know how any of this happened either.", I shrug.

"Do you think you're ever going to tell your dad about this?", she asks.

"No way Jose. Never. He'd probably have a heart attack and pass away.", I shake my head, "I feel like you guys know all about my family and I know nothing about yours. Clint, you got any family?", I ask.

"Nope. Zilch, zip, nada.", he tells me.

"Me neither.", Nat joins in.

"Huh.", is all I say.

A message from the author:Kinda boring chapter but it is what it is

Kinda boring chapter but it is what it is. Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 836

Date published: April 19th, 2022