6 || not the girl i used to be

You try to explainBut before you can startThose cry baby tearsCome out of the dark-Cry Baby, Melanie Martinez

You try to explain
But before you can start
Those cry baby tears
Come out of the dark
-Cry Baby, Melanie Martinez

You try to explainBut before you can startThose cry baby tearsCome out of the dark-Cry Baby, Melanie Martinez

March 21st 2008
Kunar Provence, Afghanistan

"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?", Dad stands in front of a crowd of generals, colonels, and the like, whilst I hide in the back, wanting to be anywhere but here, "With that in mind, I humbly present the crown jewel of Stark Industries' Freedom Line. It's the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology. They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it. And it's worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you the bad guys won't even want to come out of their caves.", he simply waves his hand and the missiles fire up, before launching toward the rocky mountains behind us, "For your consideration, the Jericho.". Behind him, the missiles explode in a huge show of fire, sending a gust of air flying toward us and knocking all the soldiers' hats off. He walks off toward a cooler and opens it to reveal more alcohol than anyone should need in the Afghan desert. "I'll be throwing one of these in with every purchase of five-hundred million or more. To peace!", he says, slinging an arm over my shoulder. I try to shake him off, shooting him a glare, "What's got your panties in a twist?", he scoffs.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the flight attendant that got yours in a twist last night.", I say.

"Lia, you weren't meant to see that.", he says.

"Well, I was on the plane, planes aren't that big. What did you think was going to happen?", I ask, climbing into one of the cars.

"I wasn't really thinking, I was really drunk.", he admits.

"Clearly.", I scoff.

"I'm sorry, okay? I am."

"No, you're not. We both know you'll rail some other flight attendant on the flight home. Let's just accept you're a dick and that's not going to change, act like this never happened, and move on with our lives. Yeah?"