5 || jets with you are the worst

I love you muchIt's not enoughYou love blow and I love puff-Back To Black, Amy Winehouse

I love you much
It's not enough
You love blow and I love puff
-Back To Black, Amy Winehouse

I love you muchIt's not enoughYou love blow and I love puff-Back To Black, Amy Winehouse

March 20th 2008
Somewhere Above The Ocean

For the entire journey from our house to the jet hangar, we're driving way over the speed limit, and if I hadn't been driven to school by Tony Stark at least once a week for the last eighteen years, I would have been scared. By this point though, this is just a regular speed for me.

When we eventually pull to a stop, Rhodey stands at the top of the steps to the plane, frowning at us. We both climb out of the car, as Happy pulls to a stop and gets our bags out of the trunk.

"You're good. I thought I lost you back there.", Dad laughs.

"You did, sir. I had to cut across Mulholland.", Happy tells him.

"I got you. I got you.", Dad nods.

"Morning, Rhodey.", I say with a small smile.

"Morning.", he smiles back, before glaring at Dad, "What's wrong with you?"

"What?", Dad asks, feigning confusion.

"Three hours.", he says impatiently.

"I got caught doing a piece for Vanity Fair.", he half-lies, "Plus, Aria woke up later than me, and she delayed us setting off."

"Why's this on me now?", I ask, trudging up the stairs behind him.

"For three hours. For three hours you got me standing here.", he says to Dad.

Dad walks onto the jet, "Waiting on you now. Let's go. Come on. Wheels up! Rock and roll!"

I turn back to him, "Sorry, Rhodey."

Half an hour later or so, we're all sitting in the jet; Rhodey and Dad are across from each other, whilst I'm on the sofa, reading a magazine.

"What you reading, platypus?", Dad asks Rhodey.