xlvi

"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we are getting close. Yep, it's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soo— well lookie here."

Clary watched as the monster of her nightmares made his way to stand in front of her, a cocky smile on his face. "I gotta say Commander, I did miss you. I was a wonderin' when you'd pop your little head from hiding." Clary only clenched her jaw as he smiled, stepping back before looking at everyone surrounding him. "Now, which one of you pricks is the leader?"

Silence followed until Simon's voice sounded once more. "It's this one. He's the guy." Clary watched as the cocky man averted his attention from herself to Rick as he kneeled by her side. Negan walked over to the kneeling man, his smirk never wavering. "Hi. You're Rick, right?" There was a pause, leaving Rick room to answer, to which he didn't. Negan only shrugged. "Well, I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But, I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly." Negan smiled. "Yeah, you are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes."

Negan gave a nod to Rick, his eyes glancing over to Clary before he crouched in front of her. She watched as he brought out his hand, grabbing her chin before continuing. "You know, you're little friend here had to kneel just like you're doing right now. Oh yeah, she regretted it when she saw our parting gift, I'm sure." There was a pause, his smirk growing even wider if possible. "But it seems like she never learned, did you Angel of Death?"

Negan pulled away before keeping his attention on Rick as he continued with his monologue. Clary forgot how much he liked to hear himself talk, his words similar to what he had said that day in Solaris. "You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you may very well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes. Pay attention."

It was silent as everyone watched the man's bat fall to his side before it was raised towards Rick, a smile upon Negan's face. "Give me your shit or I will kill you."

With a smile, Negan pulled back before walking along the lineup, his eyes landing on each person kneeling to him. "Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me. That's your job. Now I know this might be a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will." Negan looked at Rick with fake sympathy, but his cocky smile always found a way to shine through.

After a moment, Negan aimed his bat at Rick before continuing on with his speech. "You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close." He chuckled. "In fact, you are pegged— more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much you can make, find or steal more and it'll even out sooner or later."

Taking a step back, Negan spread out his arms as he looked to the group before his. "This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. Ain't that right, Commander?" Clary only clenched her jaw as Negan pointed his bat towards her, her mind filled with the memories of her sister staring down the same weapon. Negan let out a chuckle before walking. "So, if someone knocks on your door, you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us, and we will knock it down. You understand?"

With no answer coming from Rick, Negan cupped his hand to his ear as he waited for a reply. When he received none, he pulled away as a humorless chuckle sounding. "You— you didn't really think you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you?" A scoff fell from his lips. "Please, the Commander right next to you, young and small as she may be, had my men by the dick and balls and even she couldn't win! You— you didn't have a chance."