x

Clary looked at the home as it loomed in front of her, unsure of whether she was making the right decision to stay. Of course, Deanna had been having her on house-arrest for the weeks she had been healing in the infirmary, usually having someone watching over her to make sure she didn't back out on her promise to Deanna to not run. Luckily, it was usually Glenn or Maggie watching over her, which made her a little more comfortable. "You okay?" Clary turned as Glenn walked up to her, stopping by her side as he looked at her with caring eyes. She nodded her head, looking back to the home. She had found out that the group had been separated into two homes, but with her addition it was soon turned into three. As far as Clary knew, it was Glenn, Maggie and herself in the home. She had felt bad, having forced the groups to separate by her placement there, but Glenn had assured her he preferred having their own home. She felt even better when she learned that Daryl stopped by the home sometimes, sleeping in the living room or even in the attic at a higher vantage point where he was comfortable. She knew that she would be somewhat comfortable with the group, reassuring herself before she walked into the home.

Clary was surprised to see how clean it was, letting out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Glenn moved past her, leading her upstairs before they took a left down the hall. Opening the door to a room, she was surprised to see a good sized room. Inside was a bed, light gray comforters on top with a deep green throw blanket folded neatly on it. Across from the bed was a desk, a lamp perched on top of it. It was simple, but still a great deal more than she was expecting. Glenn moved to her side, an unsure tone in his voice. "I hope it's okay. We were able to get what clothes we could find that hopefully fit you and we already put them in the drawers and-" Clary nodded softly, calming his doubts. "It's— a lot more than I deserve. Thank you." She hoped her eyes could show just how much she truly appreciated Glenn and his groups hospitality. However,'with the feeling of gratitude, she couldn't help but curse at herself as she seemingly softened towards the group. She was a decent enough person to be grateful, but she'd cause nothing but pain to the group if she cared for them. Glenn nodded in response to her thanks before pocketing his hands. "I'll let you get settled it. Pete said you should do some physical therapy, make sure you're able to move around well. We found a punching bag in one of the neighbors' garages so we brought it here so you could use that, work on your range of motion and all of that." Clary nodded, giving a small thanks before he walked away form the room.

As his footsteps landed against the stairs, Clary walked into the room, setting her backpack onto the bed. Her fingers brushed the soft fabric of the sheets, her head shaking as she realized she was going to be stuck in the community for a long time. As she made her way towards the window of the room, she drew back the curtains and was surprised to see her view was that of the room across from her, into Rick's home. She wondered who the room belonged to, but her question was soon answered when she saw a certain blue eyed, teenaged boy pass by the window, pacing. She watched him momentarily, her eyes following his figure as he walked back and forth. She wondered what he thought about until he stopped in his tracks, raising his gaze to where his eyes met hers. He looked surprised, shaking it off before waving softly to her. He wasn't surprised, however, when she closed the curtains once again.

Clary decided she had spent enough time recovering, quickly changing into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that was in the clothing stocked drawers. She made her way towards the garage, noting that no one was in the home before she went inside, seeing the punching bag. It didn't take long for her to start punching ruthlessly at the bag, resisting her pain before building up the intensity. She didn't know how long she had been working at the bag, only stopping when she heard a voice. "What'd that bag ever do to you?" Clary turned around, surprised to see Deanna entering the room. She smiled at the young girl, who wiped at the sweat that had formed at her brow before looking at the woman. "I'm not planning another escape, if that's what you're thinking." Deanna shook her head, a humored smile on her face. "Not at all. Glenn says you've seemed to have settled in as well as can be expected for your first day. And I think after your attempt last week, I won't have to worry about another for a while?" Clarissa nodded solemnly, knowing there wouldn't be a good chance for her to escape.