Chapter 25- Want

Chapter 25

Want

.:+:.

She felt the tears splash against her cheeks, warm and stinging... his hands tight around her, gripping to her firmly, desperately... And shaking so, so much.

Her chest ached terribly, and she could barely breathe, let alone say it... Her voice didn't want to obey, the words were hardly a whisper- but it was all she could manage, and it hurt.

"... I am so sorry... Keigo..."

.:+:.

"-watch it-!"

SCRIICCCCCH!

What little of the voices he made out got overpowered by an awful sound of metal scraping against concrete, and then the burst if said metal and the patter of glass sparking against the cement soon after. There was another yell somewhere in there, fearful and a little breathless, though he hadn't a clue from who.

Hawks drew up for the second time in his pursuit of the conflict, rounding a corner on one of the lower sections of the garage, his eyes darting quickly about the space and taking in everything he could, and as quickly as possible too.

There was a man (a civilian) pressed up against the far wall a little ways behind a car, a small girl wedged between him and the cement, guarding her almost.

Then there was a big guy, with four arms rather than the regular two, bulky and well-built, and also about four heads taller than Hawks himself. He had a few bags of money and whatever else clutched in one hand, while he was using the other three to pry a bumper off a car.

There was another guy on the far end, trying his best to pick himself off the ground and sporting a rather heavily bleeding nose, not far from him the things he'd been carrying scattered haphazardly. And then there was a woman too, thin and dressed in dirty jeans and a hoodie, long pointed animal like ears sprouting from her head and arms wrapped tightly around a rather heavily packed duffle bag full of white the hell knows what. She hissed as she shot Four-Arms a glare, a thin dog-like tail lashing behind her.

"You idiots, we were supposed to be running, not fighting!" The woman snapped hotly, "Kumori took care of it, just leave her be, let's-!"

Any attention on what the woman said got shattered in the next second, Hawks' searching eyes moving from the one end of the room and then toward the opposite, and he stalled.

He saw the scarlet smeared across the cement first, trails of scraped thin and haphazardly, clashing brightly against the grey. Among the scarlet stain were bits of darker things, scraps of cloth tattered and torn, nearly glued to the concrete but the sticky liquid... And the thin splash for red grew a deeper shade as his eyes found the end of the trails, and the still, unmoving form of the Ebony Hero lying there.

She didn't move, she was still, lying on her side, her hair a mess and on the cement, hiding her face from his view. Her arms were plastered in red, cuts carved into her flesh all the way from shoulders to fingertips, her sleeves hardly that anymore and blood trickling still onto the floor in a constant stream. Her right arm in particular was gaining a the beginnings of a small pool of blood beneath it, the whole arm pulled out straight ahead of her and at an almost unhealthy distance.

Instantly the image of that crumbled body of the cat in the gutter flared anew in his mind, and he stiffened for it, eyes flashing as his heart skipped a beat.