Chapter 13- Unexpected

Chapter 13

Unexpected

.:+:.

... we were so bad for each other... we should have seen it...

.:+:.

Two Days Ago-

"I got stopped and congratulated by a ton of people this morning!"

"Me too man!"

"We're super popular because of the Sports Festival, it's insane!"

"UA really is something, huh?!"

The classroom was awash with noise, everyone in their seats or hovering outside of them, all excitement and amazement and even nervousness. Every student in Class 1-A was spread around, leaning over their own desks and others, talking away with bright smiles as they recanted their journeys to school that morning, and what amount of popularity they were enjoying from the general public in the quake of the Sport's Festival. Due to the event being the most anticipated and most watched event in all of Japan, it was no surprise to find that the students were being hounded by excited fans and spectators- especially the ones that had made it to the finals, and really made a scene.

But regardless of being in the spotlight or not, each and every Hero Course student felt that lasting excitement and intrigue from the public. They earned stares and smiles and crowds, well-wishes and exclamations of amazement, and awe... and while many of them were eager for the attention, they were still a bit flustered too (some more than others).

The sound of the door sliding open curtly cut the clamor and the chatter off. Everyone scurried to their seats and fell quiet as the familiar, unkempt figure of their Homeroom Teacher shuffled into the room, his hair a mess and chin buried in his Capturing Device, and a file tucked under his arm.

"Morning." Mr. Aizawa muttered dryly,

"Morning." The class replied evenly, and the older man stopped at the podium in front of the classroom, a hand running through his bangs.

"Now to begin... today's Class is going to be a bit different." Mr. Aizawa muttered lowly, the class as a whole perked up at the words. "Because the Sports Festival has concluded, and Pro Heroes and their Agency's have had a chance to take a look at all of you, we will begin the first stages of creating your Hero identities." The man mumbled, "In other words, today we will be creating your codenames... your Hero Names."

The quiet and attentive class burst from their seats, excitement pushed back into overdrive as several of them threw their hands up in air.

"YESS!"

Aizawa's hair stood on end as he shot the class a deadly glare, his eyes flashing red for a moment and everyone quickly sitting back down and shutting up- though they were clearly on the edge of their seats still. The older man let out an agitated sigh and shook his head, his eyes dropping closed again.

"... this is in relation to the Internship nominations I mentioned the other day." He grumbled, "They mean little now, being in your first year... they're more just expressions of 'interest' in your future, rather than a promise you will have one. It isn't rare for that 'interest' to dry up by the time graduation rolls around, or just simply be dropped altogether... that being said, you should do your best to represent yourselves, and the school, in the best way you can. A good word from a Pro in this Internship might help open doors down the line, depending what happens in the midst of it." The students nodded stiffly in understanding, and Mr. Aizawa seemed to pause, before sighing in exasperation and lifting a small remote up from the podium. "Moving on... the tally of all the Internship offers."