Chapter 9- Justify

Chapter 9

Justify

.:+:.

"... Sunshine... can we chat for a minute, yeah~?"

He sounded like he tried so, so hard to make his voice cheerful- but it didn't work, and he just sounded guilty, and sullen.

Good. He should feel fucking guilty.

This is his fault

.:+:.

"... Mm... How about She-Wolf? Ya can turn into a wolf, yeah~? I saw ya do it in the video with Stain~"

"Do not call me She-Wolf."

"Yeah, that one doesn't sound right~" he mused, unperturbed with the small glare that Spirit shot him across the table they were sitting at. The restaurant around them was quiet and there were few other Pros in it (you know, since it was one of those places reserved for Pro Heroes only). Despite the small number of people and the aim that this restaurant be some place where a Pro could go and not get hounded or mobbed and have some semblance of normalcy and privacy, however- she could still feel people looking at her, and him... Both Hawks and her.

Hawks was just popular all around, but even other Pros couldn't help but keep casting glances back and forth at her. She was the one who went head to head with Stain and walked away from it where no other Hero had. And she had made that 'speech' to the Press about a Hero's job and all of that had been taken up by so many other Heroes... She was a hot topic right now, even with other Pros. So yes, they kept staring at her and she was sure a few of them were muttering things too. She was just glad they had the better sense and manners not to try and come up and say anything, lest they interrupt her meal and whatever weirdness it was that had Animal Spirit out and eating dinner with Hawks.

Oh yes, that was another reason they were staring and mumbling and there was quiet chatter all around. Because what could be more interesting than seeing Animal Spirit out and about after what went on- then seeing her with Hawks of all people, and looking so familiar with one another?

To anyone it probably looked like the No. 26 and the No. 24 were friends.

And we're not... But rumors will start running anyway... Damn it.

Going out in public with him to eat seemed a bad idea now.

"Mmmm... Speaking of though, you have a lot of animals you can change into, huh~?" Hawks changed gears with ease, smiling as he tapped his finger against his glass. He was sitting cross-legged in the booth across from her and his wings tucked tightly against his back as he leaned over with his elbows on the table top. His one hand was constantly playing with the glass in front of him, moving it, tapping it- you name it. He just couldn't sit still, and he also couldn't stop asking things and talking.

Spirit was leaned back against the cushion of the booth across from him, one knee crossed over the other and her arms crossed about her chest as she simply watched him, her own drink (water actually) was left untouched on the table in front of her, and they were waiting on the food that had been ordered. She blinked at the question but didn't reply, because sure enough- he wasn't done talking.

"Ya never really change between three or four different sorts of animals~! A cat, a bird and something heavy and strong like a rhino are your go-to forms, hmm~? Makes sense, but no one ever gets to see all the things you can change into, but you changed into a bunch of different ones when you were fighting with Stain~" He hummed, "A cat and a wolf, eagle, rabbit, goat, jaguar, some sorta feral dog, and a snake, and all of that in one fight~! Your 'repertoire' is pretty big, huh~?"