Chapter 2- Red

Chapter 2

Red

.:+:.

No

She turned her back on him, her eyes locked onto the ground and not daring to let them move upward.

No

Not now

Not again

She knew he was keeping his eyes on her, she could feel the stare digging into her shoulder blades.

I can't... We can't

Just... for once... take no as an answer

Leave it

.:+:.

She was still falling, her hands moving out on either side of her and completely at ease... if a little miffed.

Her attention fixed on something among that flurry of black pieces falling into the air above her, her red eyes glinting and fixed... on something red.

One single feather- vermilion and striking against the black all around her, fluttering among a sea of black pieces of fractured form and reality. One single, large crimson colored feather that stuck out like a drop of blood in snow... ebony colored snow.

Her freefall seemed to slow as she caught sight of it, riveted on it and nothing but it- it's color was... enrapturing. So, so different from what she was used to... from herself, even. Everything in her life was always so, inky, pitch black.

What is that?

"Need a lift?"

Spirit's heart leapt in surprise, her eyes widening in tandem with it as the sudden voice reached her ear- from where she was, you know... falling 17 stories down, currently.

What..?!

Gravity got halted and so did her falling as something caught her, hands curling under her back and shoulders and her knees as the owner of that voice out of nowhere caught her bridal style in midair. They stopped, hovering in air at about the 10th level or so, and the haze of black that had been engulfing her figure died away as she failed to keep her attention on Shifting. She stiffened on instinct at the sudden contact, her head snapping around as her eyes fell on her 'rescuer', a waft of air rushing up around them in the cool night sky they hovered in so easily.

The lights from the city glinted from his earrings, feathery eyebrows raised as he smirked at her slightly- messy, ash blond hair pushed back and windswept. He had on a black shirt with a wavy silver pattern, a tan jacket, black gloves, lighter pants. There were headphones hung around his neck, she could hear the music playing with how close the two of them were, and his eyes glinted from behind the blue visor he had were distinctive black triangles located near the inner corners of his dark eyes, angled downwards and almost animalistic in a way... a contrast to what was more or less, his human appearance.

Well, mostly human- discounting the very large, bright red wings.

Her eyes darted quickly from him and toward said wings, watching the vermilion feathers ruffle as he beat them up and down to stay afloat, the air shaping and molding underneath him with what had to be ease.