Chapter 18- Dark

Chapter 18

Dark

.:+:.

... trust you...

.:+:.

"... Have you enjoyed your time, working with Animal Spirit?" Tokoyami asked lightly with a glance up toward Koda, the both of them waiting patiently to the side of a foodstand for what they had ordered to be completed. Koda glanced his way with a smile and nodded brightly, his hands already moving in a series of signs.

'Yes...! She's been amazing, she's so helpful and she's been so kind too...! Even when we were doing combat training yesterday, I learned so much and she kept us going at such a nice pace, and she wasn't being too harsh either...!' Koda signed, smiling all the while as Tokoyami's eyes followed the gestures. 'She's very attentive, but not overbearing at all...! Even when we helped out with those car crashes a few days ago, she helped me with what to do, but she also let me come up with plans on my own, and make decisions by myself...! And she's always so calm and on top of things... I was really nervous about all of it to start with, but I've really been having a lot of fun, and I'm learning so much...!' Koda sighed, his fingers stalling again as he clasped his hands together in front of him, and Tokoyami smiled slightly at the larger boy.

"I'm glad you've been enjoying it." He murmured, "Animal Spirit has been very pleasant tonight, she seems a very fine person, and Pro." He hummed, and Koda nodded.

'Mr. Hawks has been nice tonight too.' Koda signed, 'He seems very friendly... Have you been enjoying your Internship?' He asked slowly, and Tokoyami sighed, Dark Shadow at his shoulder doing the same.

"It has not been... Altogether unpleasant." Tokoyami murmured, "When Hawks-Sensei is around, he is very polite, if perhaps a little unusual in his mannerisms. But generally he seems quite knowledgeable, and he is a capable Pro..." Tokoyami told him, before trailing off a moment. "... Though honestly he's scarcely been around the last few days. He is always on the move, and a large portion of my time has been spent with the Sidekicks, rather than him. Closer to the end of the day Hawks-Sensei does stray a little less, but he always seems more concerned with everything else going on around us, rather than being invested on any sort of instruction or advice... That's not to say he hasn't offered any advice at all, he has. And everything he has told, or shown me, have all been valuable... It's just perhaps not as much advice as I would have expected from an Internship." Tokoyami admitted, and Koda bit the inside of his cheek a little, looking unsure of what to say.

"... He's been much more attentive tonight, though." Tokoyami added, "He appears quite interested in Animal Spirit and being in her good graces... So it's like he's trying to be on his best behavior." Koda smiled faintly at the words.

'... I noticed he and Spirit-Sensei seemed quite... Friendly, with one another.' Koda signed slowly, though he drew up on the sign for 'friendly', because he wasn't sure that was quite the right word to use for whatever sort of relationship there seemed to be between Hawks and the Ebony Hero. Tokoyami even quirked a brow at it, and Koda smiled nervously.

'... Well actually, Spirit-Sensei doesn't act all that fond of him for the most part... I hadn't ever even seen her mad or annoyed about anything, or toward anyone, before Mr. Hawks showed up...' Koda admitted, and Tokoyami blinked. '... She almost acts like she hates him, it's a bit odd... Because... Well...'

"... Hawks-Sensei acts like they're good friends, and is not at all bothered by her ire." Tokoyami finished for him, and Koda nodded sheepishly, while Dark Shadow just snickered. "Their relationship is curious indeed... I have heard what the media has to say about them both, but the rumors don't seem to hold much accuracy to the real thing." He said and Koda shook his head a bit. "... Well anyway, it has been pleasant to be working with you all tonight. I look forward to the rest of Patrol." Tokoyami murmured lightly, and Koda smiled, nodding eagerly.