Chapter 5- Choose

Chapter 5

Choose

.:+:.

You being here, around me... Anywhere near me. You make me do things I don't mean to. You make me... Not me

I trusted you, asshole

... What a fucking mistake that was...

.:+:.

What was old blood on the air turned to new, and fresh... And so, so much of it

Her feet were scraping on the ground, pads tearing across the concrete she was sprinting over at breakneck speed- her heart in her chest racing a million miles and thumping painfully against her ribcage. That feeling of bloodlust had evolved into nothing less than sheer, unbridled, murderous intent- active, actual action

Her fur stood on end, her claws scratching against the concrete and pushing forward harder and faster- no matter how much her legs stung or her body burned with the movement, or her lungs ached.

Something is wrong

She wound around corners and lamps and trashcans, dodging out of streets and alleys and small spaces between buildings- drawing further and further from the main roads and toward the darker, less frequented places of Hosu. Further and further away from UA and closer toward where that heavy feeling reigned and the scent of blood became so potent the streets must have been running scarlet with it. Panic and urgency rushed through every vein and tendon and nerve, a surge of unbridled, hardly controlled emotion that instantly shut off what would have been better sense.

She forgot patience, planning- all of it. The only thing on her mind in those minutes of running was;

Faster

... she knew what this was, almost immediately- even without any real proof or visual confirmation.

She knew

She knew what sort of sight would be awaiting her long before she rounded the last corner into an alley so far away from any main street, it was nearly boxed in. The buildings so close together the sun was nearly blotted out and it was the back of every back of warehouse and building around it- silent and empty but not that.

She saw the smear of red swept across badly cracked and dirtied walls, puddles of crimson littering the concrete and a multitude of singular drops splashed around haphazardly. There were bits and pieces of metal, shattered and crumbling and littered in blood and across the ground- pieces of knife and armor and glinting in the low-light and catching her eye as her gaze swept across the alley in rushed, frantic attention and found the thing that made her heart stop.

The light at the far end of the alley was blocked by the figure of a muscular man, his flat, triangular face noseless and cast in such deep shadow all she saw was the glint of eyes dark and cold and hungry... like drops of blood in themselves that matched what crimson was scattered over everything. His messy black hair was tangled in the tattered cloth pulled over his eyes and his forehead, mixing with the blood-red of the scarf abut his neck and the sunlight glittering off steel-plated combat suit and buckles and a multitude of knives strapped to every possible place on his body... light that glittered from the wicked, curving blade held aloft in the air before him and hovering over the mess of blood and broken body and armor of an Engine Hero who was no longer on his feet.

"Fame... money... no matter where ya look... you've got the nerve to go by the name 'Heroes'..." Came the low, panting, hissing voice filled with so much hate. The same voice that sent an icy chill running through her as she tilted around the corner, eyes wide and fur fluffed up.