Chapter 12- Sensei

Chapter 12

Sensei

.:+:.

... In the end... This is as much my fault as it is his...

.:+:.

"... This has been a major upset in the Rankings!"

"Tell me about it! It's not uncommon for a Pro to move up or down one, or even two Ranks in the span of a month or so, but it's nearly unheard of to move more than five spaces from where they last were!"

"It's like they took the old list and just threw it out and made a whole new one!"

"Now of course, we're not really surprised about Hawks jumping up more than a few. That boy has been hopping up several spaces on a constant loop the last year- so his sudden rise from 24 to 15 in the last month has no one surprised, yeah?"

"Yeah, no one's shocked with his progress. Even though the last month hasn't had much going on for him- no big fights or showdowns to be heard of, but he has been busy. He's kept up with his Patrols and his media appearances, and of course- there is no shortage of talk about him, what with his sudden bout of friendliness with the Ebony Hero!"

"-Who, is more the talk of Japan now after the Monthly Rankings were posted!"

"Right, back to the real topic at hand! As much as we'd like to sing Hawks some more praises, this slot of time is reserved for the Ebony Hero herself- Animal Spirit!"

"Now listeners if you haven't already seen it, the Monthly Rankings have been posted, and as always there has been a few changes in the tentative lineup for the year! A bit of the regular shuffling here and there on the lower half of the top 100, and of course Hawks' own continued rise. But the biggest upset of this month is the new Ranking that Animal Spirit is now settled at!"

"Animal Spirit has now been placed in Rank No. 19! A massive leap up from her No. 26 ranking the last month! And in no doubt due to her excellent skills and strength shown in her harrowing battle against the Hero Killer, and her swift rescue of fellow Pro Hero Ingenium! A battle worthy of entering the top 20 in the matter of only a few weeks to be sure!"

"There was talk that Animal Spirit would outplace Bryzair, the Hero who held the rank above her- but I'm sure no one expected her to surpass him, and so many others in so little time!"

"And now we're all gonna have eyes on her! We're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to see how far she can go!"

Message From: Death Arms
Congratulations, No. 19

.:+:.

"... Kitty...!"

A child's excited call stuck out among the rumble of voices and feet, shuttering closed doors, trains and masses moving all around in a constant cycle. The train station was full with people but not packed, the initial morning rush had already come and gone and now morning was setting in further as people made their way to and from wherever they were coming, and going.

It wasn't the first time some child had called out upon seeing her, and she was sure it wouldn't be the last. But she hardly batted an eye as the small girl was tugged away by her mother's hand and on to the train they were meant to be on. Little anyone else payed the child's call any mind either, and those who did glanced up at her on her perch, curious, but quickly diverted in their attention by their own business.