35

Chapter 35
Gin

She's beautiful.

I met her when we were still kids back then. We used to talk...no, I used to talk with her. She just keeps on ignoring me. Lahat ng ginagawa ko para pansinin nya ako ay balewala lang.

She just doesn't like me and when I told Mama about it, she told me that I should just respect her for not liking me the way I liked her.

"Mama, why should I just let her?" I hugged my bear while leaning on my headboard. "I like her. She's so beautiful."

Mahinang natawa si Mama bago pinisil ang tungki ng ilong ko. She smiled at me while caressing my cheeks. "You shouldn't like someone just because of their appearance, baby."

"But I like her," I insisted.

She chuckled at me. "But the feelings aren't mutual, baby. You should respect her," ginulo nya ang buhok ko. "Bata ka pa naman. Baka mawawala lang din iyan."

"Paano kapag hindi nawala?" I looked at Mama.

She smiled. "If the both of you are already at the right age...then pursue her."

We're schoolmates at elementary. It was good looking at her from far away. Minsan nga ay inaasar ako nila Silver at Rhys. They keep on telling me that I don't have a chance with my crush.

But for me back then...she was my happy crush. Hindi ko naisip na ligawan man sya kapag malaki na kami. That was what I thought back then. She was just someone who I love to adore...who I love to look like how Papa looks at Mama.

"High school na tayo pero palagi ka pa ring nakatingin sa kanya."

I looked at Silver as he said that and he was smiling, obviously teasing me. "I'm not."

"Talaga ba?" he raised a brow. "Bakit hindi ka nalang kaya umamin?"

I sighed at his question. Silver has witnessed me adoring Zari - the girl who prevented me from liking someone unless it was her. Napailing na lamang ako sa sarili ko.

"I don't have any plan on pursuing her," I said with a serious tone. "I'm now contented for just looking at her beauty. I don't want to court her or even talk to her. I just want to adore her...in a way where she couldn't know about it."

Napaingos si Silver sa sinabi ko kaya napakunot ang noo ko. "Don't speak about the future. Malay mo magbago isipan mo," he said which made me shake my head in disapproval.

I was already sure that I won't cross the line that I built between the both of us. I already told myself to just be contented with the routine that I always had when it comes to Zari...but I couldn't stop myself anymore.

My feelings were overflowing. I was a serious man when it comes to being with my family...but with her...I'm an annoying person - her words, not mine.

I kept on joking just to see her laugh and smile. I even like seeing her roll my eyes. I got it bad, huh? Years of adoration...this is the only time I dared to be brave.

"Hindi ako madamot. Gusto mo ibigay ko sayo ang apelyido ko?" I asked her with a teasing tone...but I wasn't joking. I was serious while asking this.

"Ew, cringe." her response.

I should be hurt but I'm not. When it comes to Zari...I'm only happy. There were not times where I felt pain. Kapag sya ang kasama ko, hindi ko magawang maging malungkot o masaktan man lang.

"Why can't you just ask her out?" Eros asked while we're having a bonding. Nandito lahat ang mga pinsan ko sa bahay ng Lolo at Lola namin. "It's not that hard to ask someone out."