Four

"I'm telling you. Jacob would like whatever you get him. It's like you haven't been friends with him forever." Chanhee complained as he got dragged into yet another shop.

"That's why I want to get him something special." Hyunjae said, browsing through the store. It had all sorts of decoration pieces.

"Why are you getting him a present anyways? It's not even his birthday."

"To congratulate him on his promotion."

Chanhee gave him a knowing look, crossing his arms. He leant in with a cheeky smirk.

"You just want to give it to him, don't ya?"

"I said it's for his promotion."

"Sureeeeee." Chanhee dragged his words and walked to the other side of the store.

Hyunjae rolled his eyes and looked through the stuff on display. Nothing particular caught his attention. Nothing screamed 'Jacob' for him. He sighed.

He went off to find Chanhee who was having fun playing with the handkerchief display. Chanhee frowned when Hyunjae dragged him away. Again.

"Hyunjae, we've been through six shops already. I'm this close to killing your ass if you don't find something by the next shop." Chanhee threatened, senting a deadly glare.

"What are you gonna kill me with? A toothpick?"

"Don't test me."

Hyunjae laughed at Chanhee grumbling and sulking. But Chanhee let Hyunjae drag him anyway. They went into another shop.

This time, it was a silver and gold shop. It had small bits of accessories and decors all around. The shop's interior shined and Chanhee felt like he was being blinded by the whole bling.

Hmm.... bling...light....lightning. Of course, you can get killed by lightning. The question is can you make lightning? Chanhee unconsciously scrunched up his face when he was thinking.

Hyunjae was browsing through the earring section when one of them caught his attention. He picked it up with a smile. He turned around to ask Chanhee for his opinion. He paused when he saw the look on Chanhee's face.

That was his 'inspiration-for-plot' look and Hyunjae knew better than to disrupt the process.

He pursed his lips and looked back at the earring. He imagined how Jacob would look like with it and a satisfied smile etched his lips.

 He imagined how Jacob would look like with it and a satisfied smile etched his lips

The earring was plain with none of the complex designs like the others. It highlighted simple beauty..... just like him. Hyunjae smiled to himself at the thought.

"You've found it?" Chanhee asked.

Hyunjae nodded, still looking at the earring with adoration. Chanhee glanced at the earring then back at Hyunjae and smirked.