Twenty Two

Morning came. Sunwoo and Eric were groaning and looked half-dead as they got their ramen ready. They were already in the breakroom at the station, eyes half-closed.

Eric blindly felt for his chopsticks and grabbed them. But someone grabbed the same ones at the same time. Eric opened one eye to see Sunwoo also holding onto the same chopsticks.

"Yours is over there!" Eric whined.

"Oh, sorry." Sunwoo murmured and let go.

The two were too tired to argue. They had gone all out last night since it was Juyeon's treat. so, in a way, it was Juyeon's fault that they were this hang over.

Eric slurped in the ramen and let out a long sigh of relief. He continued to drink the soup making loud noises. Sunwoo grimaced at him as he took a gulp of his own soup.

"Eric, can you please chew your noodles?" 

"It goes in the same either way. Why bother chewing when you can swallow?" Eric retorted and continued slurping the noodles.

Sunwoo rolled his eyes and gave up. He kept checking his phone to see if the nun had contacted him yet. But it hasn't even been a day so it wasn't possible.

Eric noticed. He finished up his ramen cup and threw it away. 

"Don't wait too much. We got work to do." He said, tapping Sunwoo on the shoulder.

Sunwoo nodded reluctantly. He also finished up his ramen and followed Eric into their room. Both of them shrieked silently when Juyeon's chair spun around to reveal a serious-looking Juyeon.

"I didn't know you arrived." Eric muttered.

"Did you have to greet us like the intro of a horror movie?" Sunwoo snapped.

Juyeon ignored the two and sighed. Eric and Sunwoo glanced at each other, questioning with their eyes. Both of them shrugged and turned back to Juyeon. 

"Captain, you alright?" Eric poked Juyeon.

"I'm fine." 

Eric glanced back at Sunwoo. They decided to leave him alone. And so, they went about their work as usual. 

They were glad they only had minor cases. Really simple ones like robbery, market quarrels and complaints. Sunwoo was very much enjoying the peace until the telephone rang.

Sunwoo and Eric looked at each other in silent panic. Their peace was going to be disrupted. Juyeon picked up the telephone without a word. He mumbled something and hung up. 

"We got another case." 

A collective groan can be heard.

Jacob strode towards the park near the company. His mood was a contrast to the bright morning glow as he walked into the park. He looked around and spotted Kevin sitting on one of the benches. 

Kevin looked up from the book he was reading. He smiled and waved at Jacob when he noticed. Jacob hated that he was still affected by Kevin even after he knew. He walked up to him and stopped in front of him.

"Sit down." Kevin said with a smile. 

Jacob shook his head.

"I need to get back soon. It's work hours." 

"Since when did that stop you?" Kevin scoffed and pulled him down to sit.

Jacob felt butterflies in his stomach when Kevin grabbed his wrists. But he composed himself. Kevin placed a paper bag on Jacob's thighs.