Fourteen

Eric was already waiting for Juyeon and Sunwoo at the apartment. He was standing idly at the lobby entrance. 

"You sure move fast." Sunwoo remarked.

"Unlike someone, I have a lot of energy." Eric sneered.

Juyeon stood between them before another quarrel broke out. He looked at neither of them and sighed.

"Can I give you two a suggestion?" He said.

"What is it, Captain?" Both of them asked in unison and once again, glaring at each other.

Juyeon looked at the two of them with a knowing smile.

"If you continue to bicker constantly, then you might as well get married."

"Captain!"

"Hyung!"

Sunwoo and Eric yelled, again, simultaneously. They looked at Juyeon in disbelief who chuckled.

"Then get your heads in the case. Fight all you want afterwards at your dorm. Let's go." He said.

He looked up to see Jacob entering the lobby. Afterwards, Chanhee and another man followed. Juyeon watched as the man smiled at him and extended his hands towards him.

It took a while for Juyeon to realize he was asking for a handshake. He awkwardly accepted it but the man's smile never faltered.

"Hi, I'm Kevin, Chanhee's boyfriend." He introduced himself.

"Oh, hi. I'm Lee Juyeon, one of the detectives in charge."

"So I heard."

Juyeon tilted his head as he thought the man looked and sounded familiar. Kevin kept smiling as he snaked his arms around Chanhee's waist. Juyeon looked away at that.

"Umm, Kevin. Have we met before?" He asked.

"We bumped into each other just this morning. In front of the coffee shop. Don't you remember?" 

"Oh. Right, so that's why." Juyeon nodded to himself.

"We can go up now if everyone's here." Jacob intervened.

"Of course." Juyeon said.

The three detectives followed Jacob into the elevator. Chanhee and Kevin stuck close behind. Juyeon averted his eyes somewhere else when he saw Kevin's hands wrapped around Chanhee. A bit possessively if he might add. 

But Chanhee didn't seem to mind when he smiled at Juyeon as they made eye contact. Juyeon returned back an awkward smile. Eric and Sunwoo didn't notice anything as they were busy glaring at each other, muttering insults here and there.

They finally arrived at the designated floor. Sunwoo and Eric immediately stopped bickering and gasped at the sight. Juyeon didn't seemed surprised as he entered the luxurious penthouse. 

Sunwoo and Eric's eyes roamed around the place in interest. Jacob led them to the spacious living room, gesturing them towards the couch. 

"Please wait just a moment. I need to go find him." He said sheepishly.

"I though you already called him." Chanhee asked.

"I did. It's him, you know."

Chanhee and Kevin nodded in understanding. Just as Jacob was about to walk away, a man stepped into the living room.

Only problem was that he was half-naked, wearing only track pants. 

"Hyunjae....." 

Jacob and Chanhee trailed off and sighed. Kevin was giggling on the side. Hyunjae was drying off his hair with a towel with an oblivious look.