chapter two 𐐒𐐚

it was yachi. hinata introduced me to yachi near the beginning of the year but she's been out of school for about two weeks because she was busy. she didn't tell me where she was or what she was doing but i was just glad she was back. "yachi!" i smile and give her a hug. she hugs me back. "hey y/n! i missed you so much. so what were you mumbling about?" I haven't told yachi about my hopeless crush on yamaguchi and i don't wanna do it right here and now anyways. "I just have a lot of homework." she nods. "tell me about it, i have two weeks to catch up on." Shes bound to find out about my crush on yamaguchi soon, she's literally one of the managers. I don't think anyone me else knows about my crush on him except for hinata. i didn't even want to tell him, he literally just figured it out. i still don't know how, he says "it was obvious." but it wasn't obvious enough for anyone else to notice. "So are you going to practice today? I heard you guys have a game against aoba joshi soon." I ask. "Yeah! Theyre training really hard." Yachi responds. She looks down on the floor and her smile disappears. "But-" I look over to her, "but what?" She sighs, "It's nothing really." I already knew what it was, which is why i didn't push her. Yachi feels like she'll never be as good as kiyoko, manager wise and just in general. we've talked about it a few times but I know how hard it is for her to open up. Yachi smiles again as we walk down the stairs. "I know your secret y/n." my secret? Is she referring to yamaguchi? The only person that would tell her is hinata, because i didn't. But why would hinata tell her? "I know you like yamaguchi." Fuck. Did hinata tell her? "And don't worry i won't tell anyone!" I manage to get some words out, "how do you know?" She smirks and says, "I didn't. But you just confirmed it for me." I cover my mouth in shock and stop moving. Yachi turns around and says, "Hey- y/n i won't tell anyone." Then i start laughing. "It's fine yachi. I know you won't tell anyone. But how could you tell." we continue walking and she says, "it was obvious. the way you talk about him, the way you talk to him. I saw the panic in your eyes when he ran into you today." She laughs. I laugh along. "Well i'll see you tomorrow!" She runs into the gym, volleyballs flying around and bouncing off the walls. Sometimes I wish I had accepted Kiyokos request to become the new manager but I knew I was gonna be bad at it so I didn't even take it into consideration. I wave Yachi goodbye and start walking home.

As I turned the corner I bumped into something. "Hey watch where you're going!" The voice shouts. I look up and see Karasunos setter, Kageyama Tobio. He was holding a milk box from the vending machine. Gross, I remember someone told me that they haven't switched those out in months. Kageyama puts the straw in his mouth and mumbles, "Sorry. I thought you were someone else" I back away from him and say, "It's fine." He nods and walks past me. I stare at him as he walks away until he turns around and says, "Oh yeah uh, Yamaguchi wanted me to tell you something. Since we live by eachother or whatever." His hand rubs the back of his neck. I dig the toe of my shoe into the dirt and say "Yeah, well what was it?" He takes another sip of his milk and says, "He said something like 'can you tell y/n that i need help with the new essay we have to write because i'm kinda scared to talk to her in all honesty.'" He takes another sip. I look up at him and say, "Why can't he study with Tsukishima?" Kageyama shrugs and turns around waving, "Cya." I wave back, not like he can see me but whatever. Me and Kageyama have "history" you could say. We live right next to each other so we always played while together while we were kids, I think he actually had a crush on my mom once. We never really drifted but ever since he started playing volleyball he became a bit more aggressive, making it harder to talk to him. But it's not like i hate him or anything, he can be nice but he's really close to hinata now more than me.
So Yamaguchi wants to study with me? Why would he want to study with me, being honest I'm really not even that smart. From what I could tell Yamaguchi was pretty smart. I heard Tsukishima doesn't really like helping people with school work that often. Maybe that's why? I guess I can try and talk to him tomorrow. Although I'll probably just freeze up and won't be able to get a single word out. If only I had made sure we could stay close while we could've.

AUTHORS NOTE:
thank you for reading today's chapter! Please let me know who you guys want me to write about next, I already have some plots for future ideas so:)