chapter fourteen 𐐒𐐚

I woke up and Yamaguchi was already dressed. He was standing next to his bead staring down at his phone. i'm not exactly awake though, i'm basically half awake. Yamaguchi puts his phone in his pocket and walks over to me, shaking me until I wake up fully. I sit up, rubbing my eyes. "Wake up y/n, you have to get ready." I nod and then yawn while getting up. I picked up my school uniform from the floor and walked into the bathroom across the hall. I tried looking around to see if anyone was around but I didn't see anyone.

I walk out of the bathroom, straightening my shirt. "Good morning beautiful." I see Yamaguchi in the hallway, "Good morning." I reply. Yamaguchi gestures me to follow him and we walk outside. It's a bit colder than usual today but it's sunny so it kinda makes up for it. We don't talk to each other for awhile but it's not awkward because I feel so comfortable around him already. I gaze into the sky, it's sunrise the sky is a mixture of oranges and pinks. I sigh heavily. "Is something wrong?" Yamaguchi notices. Yes. "No, don't worry about it." I smile. Something is wrong though, but i'm afraid to ask him. What are we? Does he think we're friends? Or maybe does he think we're something more? "Are you sure?" He asks again. "No, i'm not sure." I admit.

Yamaguchi takes my hand. I think it's his way of showing he cares about me because of how often he does it, I appreciate it more than he'll ever be able to understand. "What's wrong love?" That. You can't call someone love and be their friend. Atleast that's what I thought. "What are we Yamaguchi?" I blurt out, gripping his hand. I don't bother looking at him because I'm too nervous to see his reaction. Yamaguchi takes awhile to answer but he finally manages to say, "I'm not sure. I was actually just wondering the same thing." I can feel his walking pace start to slow down, "What do you think we are?" He asks. My throat tightens, "Well since were on the conversation.." I take a long breath, "I like you Yamaguchi." I stop walking and take my hand away from his. I start breathing faster and heavier. Why did I say that? How embarrassing, what if he doesn't like me back? If he doesn't like me back this whole thing is over, everything's over.

"Y/n.." Yamaguchi starts. "I like you too." He stammers. I start getting hot and I keep my head down. Yamaguchi walks over to me and lifts my head up with his hands under my chin. "Does that answer your question?" He laughs quietly and I smile back at him. "Yes." Yamaguchi grabs my face with his cold hands and leans in. Oh my god, is this it? Is this what's actually happening? Is he about to kiss me? Ive never kissed anyone before. His warm and soft lips press onto mine. I kiss him back and he wraps his hands around my waist. He pulls away and then swiped my hair away from my face. "God, you're so pretty."

We walk into school together, hands held together. Once we walk out separate ways Yamaguchi kisses the back of my hand and says, "I'll text you after practice." I nod and turn to walk to class but then I run into Yachi and Hinata. "Oh my god! Did I just see what I thought I sawww?" Yachi squeals. I nod and hold her hands. "Yes, it just happened this morning!" I laugh. Hinata jokingly punched my shoulder, "I'm happy for you y/n." I smile, "Thanks Hinata."

A few hours later i'm in class with Yamaguchi and I can feel his eyes on me. I keep looking back at him and smiling softly, he always smiles back and his freckles rise. Tsukishima groans and whispers to me, "You broke him." I laugh and turn back around to the teacher. My phone buzzes and I take a peek at what the notification says.

Yachi
1 new message

I place my notebook in front of my phone and open the next,

Yachi: Guess what I just did
me: what?
Yachi: got Hinata a new date;)
me: OMG KAGEYAMA???
Yachi: YES!!! THEYRE GOING ON A DATE LATER TONIGHT, WE MEET AT HINATAS HOUSE. NO YAMAGUCHI TONIGHT
me: ok ok, i'll be there.

I have to be there for Hinata like he's been there for me all these years. So no matter what I will be at Hiantas house today. I don't think Hinata realizes how much I need him, I would be no where without him. Well actually I would be in an abusive household but- that's besides the point.

Later into the class I hear Tsukishima talking to Yamaguchi. "Yeah after practice." He whispers. I turn around and say, "What are you guys talking about?" Yamaguchi smirks at me, "Hinata and Kageyama got a hot date tonight." Tsukishima laughs, "They won't last long. The fight too much, but I will admit they would be cute together."