chapter thirty five 𐐒𐐚

I rip the paper off the pole and crumble it into a ball, "Whatever. I'm shocked those haven't been up sooner." I chuck the paper ball into a nearby garbage can and continue walking.

Yamaguchi's mom is home so we had to be super quiet. We silently walk into his room and he gently shuts his door and locks it after. "She probably won't even check on me. She never really does." He sighs. I lay on his bed and close my eyes, "I'm so tired." He lays next to me and glances down at me, "You're so pretty." I open my eyes and make eye contact with him, "You're pretty." He gets flustered, "T-thank you." I sit up and he gets into our favorite cuddle position. His head on my chest while I play with his hair. "Are you and Tsukki still close? I don't want to be the reason you guys drift." I explain. He takes a while to respond but finally says, "We aren't drifting but I know you guys don't get along perfectly well, I haven't spent time with him almost all summer but it's okay because, I have you." I smile and twirl his green hair.

I wake up to sounds of banging on the door. I slowly get off the bed and wait for Yamaguchi to wake up too, he doesn't. "Hey." I say shaking him, attempting to wake him up. "Babe, wake up." His eyes flutter open, "Whatttt?" He groans. I pull him up and say, "Someone's at the door." He rubs his eyes and gets up to walk to the front door and I follow him close behind.

Yamaguchi glances through the peek hole and immediately moves his head back. "It's your mom." I sigh, "Go back in your room." He nods and gives me a kiss on my head before walking back into his room. I open the front door, and there awaits my mom.

"Y/n. I knew you would be here. You shouldn't even be spending so much time with him, you guys are the causing of this mess." I walk past her and she quickly follows behind me, "y/n! You cannot just run away from all this, because clearly it didn't work before." I turn around and look at her, "What happened to you? You were so sweet and now you're a complete bitch. Dad brainwashed you or something." She grabs onto my wrist tightly and I wince in pain, "I'll go home with you just let me go!" She throws my wrist down and says, "Come on then."

The car ride is silent and cold. I stare out the window and sit as far away from mom as possible. But finally mom breaks the silence, "You are no longer allowed to see Yamaguchi." I scoff, "He's doing a better job of keeping me alive than you so how about you don't tell me what to do." She grips onto her steering wheel aggressively, "I'm your mother y/n. I can tell you what to do that's my job." I look at her, "That's not your job. You're job is to be there for me and just be a mom but you can't even do that." She takes a deep and shaky breath, "You are not allowed to see him anymore, it's better for the both of you."

Mom decided that we're going to be moving out of town, and Dad stays here. So I guess they're finally breaking up, and apparently me and Yamaguchi are too. I haven't told him yet because before we leave i'm saying one last goodbye to everyone. At this point i've pretty much accepted the fact that i'm leaving and there's no stopping it. Moms pretty much put it through my head that Yamaguchi is better off without me.

AUTHORS NOTE: sorry for not updating guys, i had a huge case of writers block😫. Im also sorry about this chapter being so short, the next one will be better!