chapter thirty six 𐐒𐐚

I walk next door slowly and am already choking on tears. I keep telling myself it'll be okay but at this point, i'm not even sure. I knock on the door and take a deep breath. Kageyama opens the door and his hair is messy and he has dark circles under his eyes. "Hey y/n. What's up?" He asks. Hot tears begin falling down my cheeks, "I'm leaving town. I just came over here to say that I'm really thankful for all you've done and that i'll miss you." He has a blank expression but he finally pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him and cry into his shoulder. He rubs my back gently, "It's okay y/n." I pull away and wipe away my tears from my face just to have more fall down, "Goodbye y/n. We'll see each other again." He gives me a smile and I try to smile back. I walk away from his house and turn back to wave one last time.

Mom drives me to Hinatas house first and I already know this is going to be a mess. I'm already on the verge of tears in the car. Mom doesn't say anything to me the whole way there, and that's fine because honestly I don't want to talk to her. The back of the car is full of bags and a bunch of other stuff, we don't even have a house in a new town yet, we're staying at my moms friends house. This is all so pointless.

I arrive at Hinata's house and knock on the door. Hinatas mom answers the door and says, "hello y/n. Hinatas in his room if you want-" I hug her and she laughs softly, "Hey what's wrong?" She hugs me back. "Thank you for everything." I say. She pulls away and nods. I'm pretty sure my mom already told her everything. She gestures for me to go inside and I walk in. Natsu is sitting on the couch watching some kids show on tv. I walk over to her and she says, "Hi y/n!" Tears start falling out of my eyes, "Natsu, i'm going away now and we might not see each other for a long time." She sits up and gives me a hug, "I'll miss you. Can we see each other soon?" I nod and walk to Hinatas room.

I walk into his room and he's watching tv and doodling in his notebook. He looks over at me and sees that i'm a wreck. "What's wrong?" He closes his sketchbook and stands up. I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me back, laughing he says, "Y/n?" I take deep breaths so I can talk correctly, "My moms making me leave town and I don't know if we'll ever see each other again. So I- I came here to say that I love you Hinata." I laugh and say, "As best friends obviously." He stares at me in shock and his eyes start to tear up. "I love you too y/n." He pulls me back in for another hug. I feel comfort in his arms and we don't let go for a long time but it also feels like time is going by so fast. He pulls away eventually and says, "Goodbye y/n." I wipe my face, "Goodbye Hinata. Thank you for everything." He nods and waves goodbye.

I hit the buzzer on Yachi's apartment door and it clicks open. I welcome myself in because I already know her mom isn't home. Yachi's right by the door and she says, "Hey y/n! Are you okay?" I shake my head no, "Yachi- I have to tell you something." She grabs onto my hands, "Of course." I begin to sob again and I crumble onto my knees. "Im so sorry." She kneels down by me and I cry into her arms. "What's wrong y/n?" I pull away from her chest and say, "Im leaving town. Im not sure if i'm coming back but I know that we have to stay in touch and thank you for all you did for me." She begins to cry, "Of course y/n. I'll miss you so much." We both cry with each other and we both know eventually it was time for me to go. I say goodbye and walk out the door, hoping that one day I'll return back.

The last house. Yamaguchis. I'm terrified for this moment and not sure how to feel. Once I walk into this house I'm not going to want to leave. Mom finally decided to say something on the way, "Don't take too long." I glare out the window and say, "I'm taking as long as I need to."

Yamaguchi opens the door before I can even knock and he says, "Are you okay? What's going on?" I walk into the house and close the door behind me. He pulls me into a hug and stokes my hair, tears immediately start pouring out of my eyes. I'm assuming he already knows what's going on too. I hear Yamaguchi crying and he says, "I know you're leaving y/n and I completely understand. Just please know that I love you so much and I know we're meant for each other. We'll find our way back to each other." I'm crying to hard it begins to hurt, tears are non stop falling and it's hard to breath. I haven't pulled away from Yamaguchi's grasp since we started and he hasn't pulled away either. "It'll be okay." Yamaguchi keeps telling me, I know he's in pain too but he's trying to make me feel okay. He eventually pulls away and says, "You have to go before your bitch ass mom yells at you." We both laugh and he kisses me passionately. My eyes close gently and he places his hands on my tear filled cheeks. We both pull away and he then kisses my forehead. "It won't be long." He assures me. I smile and head out the door.

Rain patters on the car window and the air becomes cold. I rest my head on the car door and my eyes sting from crying so much. Mom has stayed silent the whole time until now, "So how'd it go?" I don't answer her because I know she's just trying to make things better but I'm never forgiving her for this.