chapter twenty four 𐐒𐐚 (TW!!)

I arrive at Yamaguchi's house and knock lightly on the door. I hear footsteps approaching the front door and the knob turns, the door swings open. Yamaguchi immediately pulls me into a hug, he holds me tight and his head is resting on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry y/n." I hug him back, resting my hands on his back, "Don't apologize. We're past that now. Let's focus on us right now." I say. He pulls away and leads me inside.

Yamaguchi is laying on the bed and his back is leaning against the headboard. My head is on his chest and he's playing with my hair. Usually it's the other way around but today's different. "Yamaguchi.." I stutter. He continues stroking my hair and then suddenly kisses the top of my head, "Whats up baby?" I breath deeply, "I have an idea." Yamaguchi chuckles softly, "What is it?" I sit up and look into his dark green eyes, "We need to get out of this shitty town."

He sits up and holds my arms, "What do you mean?" I wince at the pain of him holding my wrist and forearm. I try my best to hide my pain but it's hard. I pull my arms away as casually as possible. "Like uh-" I try to continue what I was saying but Yamaguchi cuts me off before I could, "Hey.." I look down, avoiding eye contact. "What?" I ask. He grabs my chin, "Did you hurt yourself?" I look to the side, not wanting to look into his eyes. I might break down if I keep looking at him. I shake my head no and he knows i'm lying.

Yamaguchi takes my arm gently and hesitated before lifting my sleeve. I allow him to do it since he knows already, there's no avoiding it. He lifts up the sleeve and my eyes immediately start filling will tears. I look away from my scared full arm and feel tears falling down my cheeks. "Y/n. Why would you do that to yourself?" He wipes a tear off my cheek with his thumb. "Please don't do this again. I love you and I don't want you to ever get hurt. You are so important to me y/n. Please, please understand that." My breathing is now out of control and I begin to sob. I didn't mean for this to happen but I couldn't help it. Yamaguchi pulls my sleeve down slowly and says, "Come here baby." He pulls me into a hug and I crumble into his arms.

We've been hugging for what feels like so long but at the same time not long enough. "Promise me you won't do it again." I cant manage to get any words out and I keep hyperventilating. Yamaguchi strokes my hair, "Shhh don't talk baby, just nod. Okay?" I nod and wipe away the tears falling down my face.

My eyes slowly open and the first thing I see is Yamaguchi's chest. I pull away slowly and check my phone, 1:34am. "Shit." I whisper to myself. I don't really remember what happened after I had my mental breakdown, ugh how embarrassing. Yamaguchi's hand pulls down on my waist, "No don't get up yet baby." He pulls me back down to the bed and I laugh, "Okay fine." Ive decided a new plan in my head, and i'm almost destined it's going to work.

I wake up to Yamaguchi shaking my waist, trying to wake me up. I squint my eyes open, "What time is it?" Yamaguchi pulls me into another hug, "Like 11." I hug him back, "Okay." Yamaguchi kisses me and he mumbles, "Guess what." I pull my head away from his, "What?" He sighs, "My mom texted me and told me she's coming home around 8 today. So what's the plan?" I'm glad he asked. I lay back down and rest my eyes, "Okay i'm going to tell you the initial reason why I came here." Yamaguchi pouts, "I thought you missed me?" I laugh, "I did but I mean besides that.." He nods, "Okay i'm listening."

"Let's run away together." I state. Yamaguchi stays silent for what feels like forever, "Are you serious?" I sit back up, "Well yeah. Think about it, I have a shitty home life, you have a shitty home life let's go find a new home." Yamaguchi fiddles with his fingers like always, "I don't know y/n. We would be leaving everyone and everything behind." I didn't even really think about that. Yamaguchi actually kind of has a life. He has volleyball and his friends. I mean I basically have friends too but still. "I know but they'll be okay without us. Yachi has the new girl, Hinata has Kageyama now. We have each other." I grab his hand and he says, "You know what actually. This may actually be a good idea."

We decided that we're leaving before his mom comes home, meaning we have to leave around 7. "Don't you want to say bye to anyone?" Yamaguchi asks. "We can't. No matter how much I want to we can't because then they'll know and they'll find us." I answer. He nods, "Of course, dumb question." He's stuffing a backpack with a bunch of random shit, basically the same stuff I did. "So where are we planning on going anyways?" Yamaguchi asks me. I sigh, "I've been thinking about that and I don't really know. Maybe we should just go with the flow." He laughs, "If you wanna get killed maybe." I laugh with him, "Okay fine, then we're are you planning on going?" I ask. He zippers up his backpack and says, "Let's go to Tokyo."