chapter thirty four 𐐒𐐚

We all accidentally ended up sleeping at Yachi's house. We all slept on her bed, it worried me a little bit because of what happened last time when we were all together like this but now that I knew the backstory, I knew it wasn't going to happen again.

I wake up to being shook by Yachi. "y/n!! wake up!" She whisper shouts. I fully open my eyes and glance around me. Yachi is standing on the edge of her bed and Yamaguchi is no where to be seen. "y/n." I sit up and rub my eyes clear, "What's up?" She looks behind her shoulder, "Get in my closet." I give her a confused look, "What why?" She yanks me up and says, "Just go!" She opens her closet door gently and pushes me in. Yamaguchi is sitting on the floor with his knees up. Yachi closes the closet door and leaves Yamaguchi and I in the dark.

"What's going on?" I whisper. I literally cant see anything. I'm sitting on something though, not exactly sure what it is though. "Her moms coming home soon. And since she didn't ask to have us over, we're hiding." I nod, not like he can see. Yachi slides the door open slightly, "Guys don't say anything, she's home now and she'll be in my room any minute." I give her a thumbs up and Yamaguchi nods.

"Hey Yachi, i'm home!" I hear her moms muffled voice. Her bedroom door swings open, "Hey honey." I move forward a little bit just to hear the conversation better. "Hi mom! I already did the dishes last night and I vacuumed this morning." Damn what time is it? "That's great honey, thank you. I know I just got home but I have a meeting today. I'll see you later." And then the door clicks shut.

The closet door doesn't open for about another five minutes and when it does Yachi says, "Okay she left now, come on out." I stand up and walk out of the dark closet. Yamaguchi gets up and bangs his head on the top shelf, "Ouch." He says rubbing his head. I laugh and Yachi tags along. "You okay dummy?" I ask. He laughs, "I'm okay."

The sun is out today and there's almost no clouds to be seen. I hold my hair up into a ponytail just to get it away from my neck, "It's so hot." Yachi sips from her water bottle, "It is." I grab the bottle from her hand and take a sip. "Thanks." I say as I place it back into her hand. "God I just wish we could drive." Yamaguchi groans. I yawn, "I know, it's totally lame not being able to."

We finally got to Hinata's house and Yachi knocks on the door. Yamaguchi fans his face with his hand, closing his eyes gently. The door opens and Hinata is standing there, big smile on his face. "Hi guys!" He smiles bigger. "Hey!" We all say together.

Kageyama is already at his house, of course. We all end up in Hinata's bedroom and we're all talking and having a really good time. "No because volleyball camp was actually fun." Hinata begins. Yamaguchi's eyes light up, "Tell me about it." I know how much Yamaguchi tries in Volleyball and I wish he got to play more because I know how much it bothers him, watching all his teammates play.

My phone has been nonstop ringing for days but I haven't answered any of the calls. Some how my mom got my number and i'm not even sure how, but she calls me almost once like every hour. My phone begins to ring and everyone goes silent. I tap the decline button.
"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Hinata asks me. I shake my head, "No. It's my mom. All she wants for me to do is go home to my drunk dad and her helpless self." I grab a chip from the chip bag Kageyama is eating from.
"I think you should try talking to her. Try explaining your part of the story." Yachi suggests. I take another chip, "I guess."

I lock myself in the bathroom and call my mom back. She answers right away.

"Where have you been? You come home just to leave again?"

"I didn't want to come back."

"That doesn't matter y/n. You are coming home tonight and that's final."

"I'm not coming back."

"What're you saying? You're moving out?"

"No. I just don't want to go back."

"Well your coming back."

I laugh and sarcastically say,

"Yeah okay."

I turn my phone off and shove it in my back pocket. Walking back into the room all heads turn to me, "How'd it go?" Yamaguchi asks. I lay down with my head resting on his lap, "I'm not sure. Depends what you would consider good."

We all try discussing what we should do about my situation.

"She most likely knows you'll be at Yamaguchi's."

"No, she's probably thinking she'll be at Yachi's."

"Maybe you should just go home?"

"She cant let her mom win."

The conversation goes on for long and we all finally decided that i'll be couch jumping even though that's basically what i've been doing. Unfortunately though I have to stay at Yamaguchi's and Yachi's places secretly because of their parents. Truthfully I think Kageyamas place is the best place to stay because it's only him, but my house is just next door.

Tonight i'm staying at Yamaguchi's because we haven't spent much time together just us two in such a long time. While we were walking to his house I spot a bright while paper stapled to a wooden pole. I figured it was just some promotion for a church or what not but when we walked closer to it I turned to see it. I stopped walking and turned my body to it completely. Yamaguchi turns and walks by me, "What is it?" He then widens his eyes and grabs my hand. It's a missing poster, with my face plastered on it.