chapter twenty nine 𐐒𐐚

The bedroom door whips open and Yamaguchi and I jolt up. It's Mio. She has a look on her face, making her seem worried. Yamaguchi stands up and asks, "What's wrong Mio?" She breaths deeply and says, "The police- They're here." I stand up next to Yamaguchi. He glances outside the bedroom door and says, "oh jeez." I can feel myself start to panic. I don't want to go back, I cant. Thoughts begin rushing through my head and I'm unable to move.

"I'm sorry guys." Mio says. Misaki must be at work already because she's no where to be seen. Mio wraps her arms around me and then Yamaguchi after. I grab my backpack and walk out the door, behind Yamaguchi. "Thank you." I mouth to Mio. She nods and gives me a smile, I wish I could smile back but I cant knowing that I'm going to have to go back.

The police guide us into a cop car. There's two outside of the apartments. There's people looking out their windows as we get escorted into the cars. "I'll take this one, you take the other one." One of the police says. The other one nods firmly and takes Yamaguchi away from me. I get into the back of the cop car and find the courage to ask a question, "Where are we going?" I ask. The cop begins driving out of the small town we're in, he doesn't answer me. I throw my backpack onto the floor with aggression and said, "Fine."

After what felt like forever of just driving we make it back to my hometown. It doesn't even feel right calling this place home anymore. The officer pulls into my driveway and says, "You guys aren't getting in any trouble. Just get out of the car and don't do it again." I open the car door and grip onto my backpack. The officer walks me too the front door and he knocks on the door. My mom opens the door and pulls me into a hug immediately. I don't hug her back.

Mom and Dad are sitting across from me at the dinner table and I don't touch my food. Mom keeps asking me so many questions, Dad has stayed silent this whole time. "Where were you guys going?"
"Why would you leave in the first place?"
"Why weren't you answering your phone?"

shut up shut up shut up.

I've never been more mad at my mom than right now. I get that she's trying to care but, I don't care. I was trying to leave and I didn't make it. I push away from the table, "I'm going to my room. No one follow me." I jog up the stairs and close my door, turning the lock. I wanted to call someone. Yamaguchi, Hinata, Yachi, or even Kageyama. But I cant. There's no way my parents are going to get me a new phone after this, i'll have to get one myself. I came up with a plan.

I push my desk in front of my bedroom door and open the window. I hop out easily and begin walking. I hop the fence and then knock on Kageyama's door. No answer.

I knock again and this time someone answers. I look up at who answered the door and it was someone i've been needing to see. Hinata gasp, "Y/n? You're back!" He hugs me and I hug him back tightly. "I missed you." I say into his shoulder. He pulls away and drags me inside, "I thought i'd never see you again." I laugh, "What are you doing at Kageyamas?" Hinata blushes, "Just uh- hanging out. You know?"

We walk into Kageyamas room and Kageyama's eyes widen, "y/n?" I shut the door behind me, "Hey."

I fill them in on everything and they both silently listen, Hinata asking questions every now and then. I make sure to answer with full detail, they deserve to know as much as possible. Kageyamas tv is playing Steven Universe and he keeps randomly staring at the tv, blocking out everything else. "You're insane y/n." Kageyama finally blurts. I smile, "Well, I needed to get out of here somehow. I mean it obviously didn't work but." Hinata hugs his knees onto his chest, "So what are you gonna do now? You know my offer still stands." That's a good question, what am I gonna do now?

I tell Hinata that I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do because honestly I'm not sure. In the spare time I ask Kageyama if he has any old phones I'm able to use for the time being. He searches the house for his old phone and finds it in his dresser drawer. "I haven't used it in awhile. It's already like started over so you can use it like it's yours." I swipe onto the home screen, "Thanks Kageyama." He sits back on the bed staring at the tv, "No problem."

I've been updating this phone for hours and then I finally remember that I haven't been in contact with Yamaguchi. I get the phone number from Hinata's phone and type it in. "Be right back." I say leaving the room, into the dimly lit hallway. It darks outside by this point and my moms probably freaking out, she might even call the police. I hit the call button and listen to the phone ring. Someone should answer, it's the home phone. The phone doesn't stop ringing and eventually the voicemail plays.