chapter thirty 𐐒𐐚

Third time calling, still no response. I finally decide to give up. I walk back into Kageyama's room, "He didn't even answer his phone." Hinata pulls his phone out, "I'll try." He holds his phone up to his ear, waiting. His phone case is clear with a polaroid picture of him and Kageyama. So cute.

"No answer." He says. Kageyama's playing minecraft now and he's aggressively hitting the buttons on the controller, "He's probably grounded." Hinata throws his phone onto the bed, "Well wouldnt his mom answer?" I nod, "Exactly." Kageyama shrugs.

Hinata is laying in Kageyama's lap and they're playing minecraft together. I'm sitting on the bed, laying on my stomach. "So y/n what's your plan anyways?" I kick my feet in the air, "I have no idea. All I know is i'm not going back home." Hinata looks up at me, "Come stay with me. If you want of course." I sigh, "But I've been staying there for so long already. It's almost like I live there." Hinata laughs, "My mom doesn't care. She's basically never home anyways." I shrug, "I'll think about it."

That's all i've been doing though. Thinking about the future. Thinking about Yamaguchi. Thinking about how disappointed my mom must be. But no matter what I can't go back. I just can't.

I sit up from the bed, "I think i'm going to go to Yamaguchi's place and see what he's doing." They both turn towards me, "Right now?" Kageyama asks. I check the time, 1:54. "It's late, don't you want us to come with you?" Hinata asks. I sigh, "Okay you guys can come if you want." They both stand up without hesitation. "Okay then."

Hinata is in between me and Kageyama, i'm walking the grass. "So how was the last day of school?" I ask. I didn't realize that I was going to miss the last day of school but honestly it wasn't on purpose. "Like any other last day to be honest." Kageyama says. I nod and look at the car passing by, lights flashing on our faces. "We probably look like runaways." Hinata laughs. I laugh, "Well-"

We make it to Yamaguchi's house and Kageyama and Hinata decided that they're going to stay outside. I knock on the door and there's no answer. We should've came earlier, they're probably all sleeping. I knock again. Still no answer. "The window!" Hinata whisper shouts. I nod and walk to the side of the house. I stand on the toes of my shoes and knock on the window. The curtains are closed and I watch as they slightly open and then close again. He saw me, and then just ignored me?

I walk back over to Hinata and Kageyama and say, "He literally saw me and then closed the curtains on me." Kageyama makes a face of confusion, "Seriously?" I nod and cross my arms against my chest. It's getting colder as the night passes and they're are gray clouds layering over the moon. "I'll try." Hinata says, walking to the side of the house.

After about three minutes of Kageyama and I awkwardly waiting for Hinata to come back he finally jogs back to the front of the house. "Uh y/n- this isn't going to be easy to say but-" He rubs the back of his head and avoids eye contact with me. Kageyama looks at me and looks back at Hinata, "Spit it out dumbass." Hinata pouts, "I was getting to it." Hinata kicks the toe of his shoe into the concrete sidewalk, "He said he doesn't want to see you anymore."

I'm at a loss for words. Kageyama and Hinata both looking at each other and then looking at me wondering what to do. I think about the words more, He doesn't want to see you anymore. I got it. I know what he's doing. My eyes start filling with tears but before I could stop them from falling I start running. I've never ran this fast before truthfully. I know exactly where i'm going, I turn my head fast to see if i'm being followed, I'm not.

My legs start burning because of the pain from running for so long. I turn the last corner and stop right in front of my destination. I gasp for air and my throat feels sharp. I rest my hands onto my knees and try taking deep breath's.

After about a minute I decide I can't procrastinate. I stand up straight and walk onto the porch of the house. I bang onto the door, making sure I won't get ignored. The door finally opens and someone unknown is standing there. He tilts his head to the side, "I've never seen you before. Who are you? And why are you here at 4am?" I wipe sweat off my forehead, "Please just let me in." The guy squints his eyes, "Who are you here for?" I breath deeply, "Tsukishima."