Chapter One

A/N: Hey everyone! Thank you for giving my story a shot. I just wanted to let you know that the story really starts picking up at Chapter sixteen. Not to say that they other chapters are boring or aren't worth reading, but the main story really starts to take off at sixteen. Thats all i wanted to say, please enjoy!

Chapter One:

Izuku P.O.V.

"Today is the day" my leg was bouncing vigorously. "Izu, are you ok?" Shoto grabbed my hand trying to calm me down. "Y-yeah I'm fine" I turned away from him "I'm just a bit nervous I guess." He turned my face back at him before giving me a hug "there isn't anything to worry about, it's just rescue training." And he gave me a peck on the cheek. I started to blush slightly. "You have no idea how wrong you are." Instead of telling him that I just gave him a bright smile "Yeah I guess you're right."

I turned back and looked out the window as we pulled up to the USJ. "Shoto I wish I could tell you, tell you everything." We got up and went inside "Maybe I will after today, I will finally be free after all."  Shota started to explain what we were doing that day, when large portals opened up behind him and large groups of people started walking out.

"Wow, you even hired professional actors to act as villains!" Shota, visibly confused by this, turned around before grabbing his scarf. "THOSE AREN'T ACTORS." That's when a shrill laugh came from the back, from the person I knew as Shigaraki.

"Stand down Erasure head, we aren't here to harm you or any of your students, but we will if we have to." "THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Shigaraki smiled and held up a two on his right hand "First off to kill All Might." This sent shivers down everyone's spine as he pointed to the large bird looking person to his left. "And the second-" He was interrupted by his own giggling "TELL US WHAT IT IS" Shota was getting visibly angry at the villain.

But, I started to walk forward. And Shigaraki pointed at me "Izuku Midoriya" The entire class was in shock as I continued to walk forward. Shigaraki only started laughing at their reaction "It's time to come home."

Flashback

"You can never be a hero" I was sitting on the edge of the building, where All Might crushed my reason to keep on living. "You can never be a hero" How long have I been sitting here? An hour? Maybe two? "But I didn't think it was supposed to rain today" I heard a clap of thunder. "I should probably go home" But why? What is the point? What is the point to move from this spot? No matter what I do or where I go, I have no dream. No purpose. So, what is the point of leaving? I started crying, lowering my head looking at the empty side walk below. What's stopping me from falling from this roof top?

Who would miss me? Katsuki? No, he done nothing but bullied me for the past decade. I giggled "He even told me to swan dive off a roof, didn't he?" My dad? No, he isn't even around enough to know that I exist. "Does he even know my name?"

Mom? No, I'm nothing but a burden to her. She might not act like it or say it. But, the look in her eyes. She would probably be happy that All Might crushed my dream. She is always telling me how ridiculous it is. I started crying harder "I-I really have no one." It started to rain "I have nothing, no one." Then a clap of thunder "Then what is stopping me from falling off this roof?"

As a flash of lighting happened a hand clasped my shoulder and I jumped a bit before looking behind me. There was a man with blue hair and chapped lips. "What is a boy doing up here on the roof, during a thunder storm? Wouldn't your parents be worried?" I just shrugged at him "I don't know if my dad even knows my name, and I'm nothing but a quirkless burden who has an impossible dream to my mother." He was taken aback by my response.

"Sorry, I-I'm not usually this rude. I just don't see the point in hiding anything right now." He started laughing "That's quite all right." He sat down next to me. "So, am I to assume that you are- dissatisfied with your life?" I froze for a moment before responding "What life? I don't really have one"

He smiled "I could give you one." I giggled at him "What?" He was clearly annoyed "I don't even know your name, and you're offering me what? A new life?" He laughed "I'm sorry my name is Shigaraki, what is yours?" "Izuku Midoriya" He looked away in the distance "Well, yes Midoriya. A new life is exactly what I am offering you."

"What would I be doing in this new life you talk about?" he smiled "Be a villain." I flinched at this and I got up and was about to run before he started speaking again "Kid wait, let me explain." I stopped and decided that if I tried to run, he could kill me. So, I sat back down "To be a villain doesn't mean you have to kill, you would just be an- informant. Or you can help around the base. You don't have to get your hands dirty."

I froze for a moment "I know I'm pissed at All Might, but to be a villain? I mean he did say that I don't have to be a criminal, but I don't know." He looked back at me and I flinched. He sighed and got up "It looks like you need time to think. I'll be back here in a week, and kid." I looked up at him "You've been up here for two days; I think it's time for you to go home." Then a portal opened up and he walked in.

Then I got up and started to walk home "Has it really been two days?" When I walked in the door, my mom came up and slapped my across the face. "Where have you been?" "Sorry i just lost track of time." "It's fine just don't do it again" She just went back and sat on the couch afterwards.

I walked up to my room "It's not like you care."

After I went to sleep last night, I got home around eight and went straight to bed, apparently All Might came over and told my mother everything he said and that I was just sitting there on the roof after wards. But, he didn't want to interfere or upset me more so instead he came by every once in a while to make sure I was all right. And, apparently, he wanted to talk to me.

"If he actually cared he would have told my mother at least, and why does he want to see me?" I walked out of my house and my mom didn't even notice. I headed toward the beach where I agreed to meet All Might. When I got there, he was standing on the beach watching the sun set.

"All Might, you wanted to see me?" I was on the verge of tears "Damn it I'm already about to cry." All Might must've seen this, because he smiled a soft smile "Izuku, I understand you must be upset with me but I've come here to apologize and to offer you something-" I cut him off and started yelling at him.

"UPSET? THAT DOESN'T BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT." He was taken aback by this, and to be honest, I was too "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHEN I WAS UP THERE?" the tears I was holding back, starting breaking through "I WANTED TO JUMP OFF THE LEDGE, BECAUSE I HAD NO DREAM ANYMORE, NO PURPOSE. WHAT IS THE POINT OF CARRYING ON WHEN THE ONE THING I WATNED TO DO, SAVE PEOPLE, WAS TAKEN AWAY FORM THE ONE PERSON I LOOKED UP TO." "Izuku I-" "NO, SHUT UP YOU DON'T GET TO TALK."

His smiled wavered and he nodded at me "YOU TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE A HERO JUST BECAUSE IM QUIRKLESS, I CAN'T HELP WHAT I WAS BORN AS ALL MIGHT. I THOUGHT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE WOULD KNOW TH-." That's when he transformed into a weaker state. "Izuku, I'm sorry." All Might had tears in his eyes. "I could see that you are such a pure soul and I didn't want that to be tainted, so I used your quirkless as an excuse and I'm quite disgusted with myself."

I felt the hot tears streaming down my face stop "wha-what?" "Izuku you would be a great hero, the fact that I nearly crushed that is devastating to me." I didn't know what to say at this point "All I can do is offer you something that will help make you be the greatest hero of our time. But, it is my belief that you don't even need it" In shock I looked up at him "what is it?"

"A quirk"

A/N: Just to get this out of the way, this is the first story that I have posted, so please feel free to leave feed back. However, this is not my first story I have ever written. But, due to this being my first story I have posted, I will need to get use to a schedule. I'll try to update twice a week usually. But, this is the last week before spring break. So, I'll probably update more the next couple of weeks.

Have a good day :)