ARJUN~CHITRANGDA

Arjun was serving his exile period of two years in Manipur.
When the King of Manipur came to know this, the great archer, Prince of Indraprasth is in his kingdom, he invites him to stay.
Arjun accepts his offer saying he is fine to visit him but will not stay inside the palace.

Next day, Arjun visits the king palace. He saw some men were preparing a hut made of wood and sticks. He stipulated that King is doing it for him.

"Nooo, dont keep that there. It's too close to the fireplace. Keep it in center." A maiden was giving instructions.

He goes near her. "Pranipat"
She turns and looks at the stranger. Long hair, Big round eyes, a warming smile and very fit man clad in orange Dhoti and Angvastra stood behind her folding his hands.

Her lips twitched. "Pranipat Rajkumar Arjun."

"Iss samay aap mujhe Matr Arjun keh sakti hai." He points at his way of dressing.

"Apke vastr apka parichay nahi." They smiles. "Aiye Pitashree apki ki hi pratiksha kar rahe hai."

He nods and and enters the palace.

The king welcomes him open arms and told him about his stay for few weeks.

Resting in his small wooden hut, he saw a man arguing with the princess Chitrangda.

He didn't interrupt them but couldn't stop himself overhearing their conversation.

"I will see who will marry her and you. She has to come to me." That man warns her.

"Leave or else it will my sword coming towards you and don't you dare trouble her again." She replied back.

He passed her, giving her a little push due to which she hurt her leg a bit.

Arjun ran towards her but that man escaped.
"Are you ok" he saw the wound that wasn't deep.

"Ji" she composed herself.

"Woh apka purv prem tha kya?" He said while applying Ayurvedic ointment oh her leg.

"A man like him can never love. He just want my friend for lust and ego. I helped her and that's why he was trying to scare." She told him. Though it wasn't a huge cut but fresh wound was hurting her a bit.
"Don't know why men think that women are some property, which they can have and leave any time." She was angry.

Arjun smiles, "not all men after lust, my friend Madhav says, women are epitome of love, sacrifice and power. And I do believe him." He looks at her while caressing her leg.

Her lips curved, "Dhanyavad."
She turns and said, "Prithaputr, aap ko badam Kheer pasand toh hai na, woh main abhi bhojan sikhne ka prayas kar rahi hoon. Kheer ache se bana leti hoon pr."
She looks at him with hope.

He shows his pearl white teeth and said "app jo bhi prem se khila dengi, main kha lunga, Jeevan bhar." She heard him clear, "apko jeevan bhar parosne ke liye pahle thoda abhiyas krna karna hoga, Dhananjay." She ran accepting his love and proposal.

Later Arjun proposed his wish to marry Chitrangda which the King happily accepts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The unsung love of Arjun and Chitrangda.

Don't know why nothing much is written on them. Would love to read.

My bit of contribution to it.

Hope you like it.
Do vote and comments.