ONE

RUBY Queen takes an inhale and lets the smoke enter her lungs

RUBY Queen takes an inhale and lets the smoke enter her lungs. Holding it in for a few seconds before exhaling, she looks at the view. The dirty and run down town filled with thieves and beggars. Frightened children and parents with empty stomachs. 'Villians' and their children left to rot.

This, is the Isle of the Lost. A colorless island where the citizens are fed scraps while the royals go to bed with full stomachs.

Straight ahead, was a land filled with fairytales and happy ending. Auradon. The word filled Ruby's core with hatred. They lived happily ever after while they were stuck here in this prison for crimes they didn't commit.

Ruby takes another inhale. Her eyes were pink and she hasn't breathed oxygen for more than 30 seconds at a time but she was 'happy'.

"RUBY QUEEN GET DOWN HERE!" a voice yells. With a sigh, Ruby walks downstairs with her blunt still in hand.

"What is going on?" Ruby asks as she sees all of the villains and their kids all in the same room.

There was Mal, the 'leader' who stood next to her mother, Maleficent. Jay, the 'muscles' who sat in a chair with his feet on the coffee table. Carlos, the 'brains' who was visibling shaking, taking glances at his mother every few seconds. Then, there was Evie. She is, the 'beauty'. She is seen looking in a cracked mirror fixing her makeup.

"You five, are going to Auradon," Maleficent states.

The five teens, immediately protest. Jay jumps up from his seat, Evie stops looking in the mirror. The 'Core Four' move to stand next to each other while Ruby keeps her place near the stairs.

"I'm not going to some boarding school with prissy pink princesses,"

"And perfect princes, eww" Evie recovers after gaining a few raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, I don't do uniforms. Unless, it's leather"

"I heard they allow dogs at Auradon"

"Who is going to take care of my baby bandersnatch?"

"Yeah, mom. We're not going." Mal says looking at her mother. Mal and Maleficent stare each other in the eyes, their eyes begin to glow a vibrant green. After a few seconds Mal loses and Maleficent smiles in triumph.

"You're thinking small pumpkin. It's all about world domination. You will go and you'll find fairy grandmother. And you will bring me back her magic wand. Easy-peasy," Maleficent states, filing her nails.

Ruby rids of her blunt and walks towards her mother. She whispers in her ear. "What is in it for you? You don't have magic, so the wand will do you no use and you hate Maleficent, what is it that you require of me?"

The Red Queen sends her daughter a glare. She clears her throat softly before she answers. "You, will have a different task. My sister has no children so that means that you will be next for the throne. Do not waste this opportunity. If anyone can get these innocent children off of this island it is you. Do you understand?"

Ruby watches her mother's eyes soften. The Red Queen wasn't always angry and cutting off people's heads. She was once carefree and kind. She was just tired. Tired of living in her older sister's shadow, tired of being overlooked. Now, she is tired of seeing her daughter waste her life living on this rock in the middle of the ocean.

Ruby doesn't know how to respond, so instead she nods her head and turns back towards the rest of the descendants.

"For twenty years I have searched for a way off of this island. For twenty years they have robbed us from our revenge. Revenge on Snow White and her horrible little men. Revenge on Aladdin and his bloated Genie. Revenge on every sneaky Dalmatian that escaped your clutches. Revenge on the little blonde girl and her rabbit. And I, Maleficent...The evilest of them all. I will finally have my revenge on Sleeping Beauty and her relentless little prince." Maleficent rants.

Ruby shakes her head as her 'high' wears off. The voices start off as whispers, taunting her, persuading her. They become the devil on her shoulder that people warn you about without any angel to balance them. Then, they becoming louder until they are full on screams. The voices are so loud she unable to hear the world around her. All of the voices scream nonsense and talk in riddles as they drive the red-headed girl mad. Ruby is able to hear every deranged soul trapped in Wonderland.

So can the Red Queen, unlike her daughter, she was able to drown out the voices. She was able to detangle the knot of endless chaos and separate them into individual strings. She is able to listen to the voices and what they have to say. That's why her head is so big, it's filled with secrets.

A car honks outside.

"Let's get this party started!" Jay exclaims grabbing his things and heading out.

The Red Queen hands Ruby a bag. "In the bottom of this bag, is a journal of everything I learned while training as a princess. It has all of the rules and rights of the citizens. It has all of the proclamation both old and new. It has a list of all of the children trapped here on the isle. I'm not asking you to be a perfect princess over there in Auradon. I am asking you to be a Queen. Make me proud,"

Ruby pulls her mom into a quick hug and says a quick goodbye before running outside. She places her bag into the trunk and takes a seat next to Carlos. Ruby stares, as the Isle citizens gaze at the vehicle in awe. The vehicle engine hums and they begin to move.

'Watch out Auradon' a voice whispers in Ruby's head. A cackle of a laugh was heard afterwards.

A/N let me know what y'all think. I'm super excited to write this book. don't forget to vote and comment for more updates